PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: I STILL THINK MY EPIC ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
i know alot of people are jumping ship and im able to upgrade too but is a bigger screen that important? this phone has a trillion pixels and colors and the screen is always clear and beautiful;l and the keypad still feels good to me and the rons for this phone are still amazing. how much zippier do i need a phone to be? maybe in the spring something amazing will make me change, but im just wondering if im the only one who still thinks this phone is still a pleasure to use
well screen size is important but the speeds of touch just do it for me and i still have og epic but hell i got extra touch for a penny and now its just my tester. its good to love og epic but threes tons of reasons to upgrade to touch from camera to speeds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
I've been holding on to my upgrade for two months now. I almost sprang for the Touch, but I fell back in love with my keyboard. Speed is good, big screen is good too, but that wasn't enough to justify the upgrade when what I already have gets the job done. I can hold out for LTE and quad core, I rather be stuck with that for two years now that I will lose my Premier upgrade after this last one.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2011, 01:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Fosters is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I can't stand this damn thing. I can't wait until the next keyboard phone comes out to switch. unfortunately, almost 1.5 years later, and this is still the best keyboard phone you can get hardware wise... and 1 year in today's phone market is ancient.

I think my problem is more with Android than the actual phone - why on earth does it have to ask me 3 times to click on 3 different buttons when I tell it to connect to pc? Why can't I click one and be done with it - for example? Why do I need to root it just so I can take a screenshot? Why do I need to root it just so I can do stuff that windows mobile 6.5 - aka what jesus had on his first cell phone - did, like wireless tether and stuff? The list goes on... The only faults with the hardware of the phone, the camera is a let down, and the position of the usb charging cable sucks, and the awesome GPS we all know...

/rant off.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

it is not really android that is the issue, it's more like 20% hardware, 30% android and 50% carriers. With mods, the epic really rocks (CM7 slays it), but it is like HP/Dell/Lenovo computers, the companies have contracts and stuff that packs on bs turning the phone to poop. Once I got the KB fix for the lag, this phone was so much better.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters View Post
I can't stand this damn thing. I can't wait until the next keyboard phone comes out to switch. unfortunately, almost 1.5 years later, and this is still the best keyboard phone you can get hardware wise... and 1 year in today's phone market is ancient.

I think my problem is more with Android than the actual phone - why on earth does it have to ask me 3 times to click on 3 different buttons when I tell it to connect to pc? Why can't I click one and be done with it - for example? Why do I need to root it just so I can take a screenshot? Why do I need to root it just so I can do stuff that windows mobile 6.5 - aka what jesus had on his first cell phone - did, like wireless tether and stuff? The list goes on... The only faults with the hardware of the phone, the camera is a let down, and the position of the usb charging cable sucks, and the awesome GPS we all know...

/rant off.
what do you mean by connect to pc 3 buttons?

you don't need to root it to take a screenshot, well in Android you do(or need a physical pc) but Touchwiz comes with a built in screenshot program that doesn't need root.

And what exactly is wrong with the camera? its one of the best 5mp cameras there is on cellphones :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

I think he's talking about the connection process1) Mass Storage button (2) Connect To button and (3) OK button. Never seemed like a big deal to me.

gTen, where's the built-in Touchwiz screenshot program anyway? I've heard it's there but never found it, lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:48 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
I think he's talking about the connection process1) Mass Storage button (2) Connect To button and (3) OK button. Never seemed like a big deal to me.

gTen, where's the built-in Touchwiz screenshot program anyway? I've heard it's there but never found it, lol.
its power/home button on touch so try that cause there probably same.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I have an upgrade that I need to use be fore 5/31/12.. otherwise I have to wait until after 8/31/12. The Epic is awesome, but the software over it is shitty and the kb has serious lagging issues. Reasons I would get a new phone
1) the epic touch's battery life is better and the processor is super zippy even stock
2) iphone 4gs: cause I have an ipad and the battery life is amazing compared to the epic
the reasons I won't change: CAUSE I NEED A F'N QWERTY.
Cyanogen Mod 7. Enough said.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Cyanogen Mod 7. Enough said.
buggy at best

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G