PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   I STILL THINK MY EPIC ROCKS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148108)

gorelow 11-24-2011 10:11 AM

I STILL THINK MY EPIC ROCKS

i know alot of people are jumping ship and im able to upgrade too but is a bigger screen that important? this phone has a trillion pixels and colors and the screen is always clear and beautiful;l and the keypad still feels good to me and the rons for this phone are still amazing. how much zippier do i need a phone to be? maybe in the spring something amazing will make me change, but im just wondering if im the only one who still thinks this phone is still a pleasure to use

masetas 11-24-2011 09:38 PM

Re: I STILL THINK MY EPIC ROCKS

I still thinks phone rocks as well. I upgraded to the epic touch but i also still own this phone as well.
Og epic does everything i need and more and love the keyboard . But in regards to you upgrading i would say if you love the phone and can wait i would say wait till sprint rolls out with something that comes with LTE .

gullzway 11-24-2011 10:17 PM

Still loving mine a year later.

I don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks

ProDriver77 11-25-2011 12:37 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Same here. Running ICS V5.1 and she's as smooth as silk, and does more things for me than I probably need it to. Hell, I use this more than my laptop anymore.

It's gonna take a real game-changer (i.e. LTE) before I upgrade.

eric12341 11-25-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2157196)
. But in regards to you upgrading i would say if you love the phone and can wait i would say wait till sprint rolls out with something that comes with LTE .

@masetas yea he'll be waiting at least 3 years maybe longer judging by how they're handling their 3G network
Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2157199)
Still loving mine a year later.

I don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks

@gullzway sleeps with his EPIC

WanderingMinstrel 11-25-2011 06:38 PM

LTE?
Hell, I can't even get 4G yet here in Tucson.
But, yeah, the phone still rocks and I am happy with it. I'm also locked into it for another year, so it's good that the honeymoon isn't over yet.

fixxxer2012 11-26-2011 12:02 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Jf you have an upgrade id use it.

revaaron 11-26-2011 07:17 PM

I have an upgrade that I need to use before 5/31/12.. otherwise I have to wait until after 8/31/12. The Epic is awesome, but the software over it is shitty and the kb has serious lagging issues. Reasons I would get a new phone
1) the epic touch's battery life is better and the processor is super zippy even stock
2) iphone 4gs: cause I have an ipad and the battery life is amazing compared to the epic
the reasons I won't change: CAUSE I NEED A F'N QWERTY.

revaaron 11-26-2011 07:18 PM

BTW: the epic with CM7 is just the best. I hope they fix the few bugs that kept me from keeping it and then I will go back.

gTen 12-01-2011 02:21 AM

I still like my Epic, even though I swapped to the Droid Charge I don't really use the Droid charge...I have yet to even do anything on my droid charge other then load up a custom rom and tether..that is about it :/..I only love my droid charge for the LTE ;) lol..otherwise my heart still belongs to my Epic!

To understand why my affair with my droid..well there is a saying a picture is worth 1,000 words..but some pictures are worth 36,250 words :/

http://www.speedtest.net/android/102781335.png

I mean I really want to be back to my Epic...but the above numbers are just to hard to reject at this point :(...