PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   I STILL THINK MY EPIC ROCKS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148108)

darren.wlsn1 12-01-2011 02:58 AM

Re: I STILL THINK MY EPIC ROCKS

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 2157140)
i know alot of people are jumping ship and im able to upgrade too but is a bigger screen that important? this phone has a trillion pixels and colors and the screen is always clear and beautiful;l and the keypad still feels good to me and the rons for this phone are still amazing. how much zippier do i need a phone to be? maybe in the spring something amazing will make me change, but im just wondering if im the only one who still thinks this phone is still a pleasure to use

well screen size is important but the speeds of touch just do it for me and i still have og epic but hell i got extra touch for a penny and now its just my tester. its good to love og epic but threes tons of reasons to upgrade to touch from camera to speeds.

WorldWide 12-04-2011 11:00 AM

I've been holding on to my upgrade for two months now. I almost sprang for the Touch, but I fell back in love with my keyboard. Speed is good, big screen is good too, but that wasn't enough to justify the upgrade when what I already have gets the job done. I can hold out for LTE and quad core, I rather be stuck with that for two years now that I will lose my Premier upgrade after this last one.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Fosters 12-26-2011 01:07 AM

I can't stand this damn thing. I can't wait until the next keyboard phone comes out to switch. unfortunately, almost 1.5 years later, and this is still the best keyboard phone you can get hardware wise... and 1 year in today's phone market is ancient.

I think my problem is more with Android than the actual phone - why on earth does it have to ask me 3 times to click on 3 different buttons when I tell it to connect to pc? Why can't I click one and be done with it - for example? Why do I need to root it just so I can take a screenshot? Why do I need to root it just so I can do stuff that windows mobile 6.5 - aka what jesus had on his first cell phone - did, like wireless tether and stuff? The list goes on... The only faults with the hardware of the phone, the camera is a let down, and the position of the usb charging cable sucks, and the awesome GPS we all know...

/rant off.

revaaron 12-26-2011 11:36 AM

it is not really android that is the issue, it's more like 20% hardware, 30% android and 50% carriers. With mods, the epic really rocks (CM7 slays it), but it is like HP/Dell/Lenovo computers, the companies have contracts and stuff that packs on bs turning the phone to poop. Once I got the KB fix for the lag, this phone was so much better.

gTen 12-27-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fosters (Post 2161759)
I can't stand this damn thing. I can't wait until the next keyboard phone comes out to switch. unfortunately, almost 1.5 years later, and this is still the best keyboard phone you can get hardware wise... and 1 year in today's phone market is ancient.

I think my problem is more with Android than the actual phone - why on earth does it have to ask me 3 times to click on 3 different buttons when I tell it to connect to pc? Why can't I click one and be done with it - for example? Why do I need to root it just so I can take a screenshot? Why do I need to root it just so I can do stuff that windows mobile 6.5 - aka what jesus had on his first cell phone - did, like wireless tether and stuff? The list goes on... The only faults with the hardware of the phone, the camera is a let down, and the position of the usb charging cable sucks, and the awesome GPS we all know...

/rant off.

what do you mean by connect to pc 3 buttons?

you don't need to root it to take a screenshot, well in Android you do(or need a physical pc) but Touchwiz comes with a built in screenshot program that doesn't need root.

And what exactly is wrong with the camera? its one of the best 5mp cameras there is on cellphones :/

WanderingMinstrel 12-27-2011 06:54 PM

I think he's talking about the connection process:(1) Mass Storage button (2) Connect To button and (3) OK button. Never seemed like a big deal to me.

gTen, where's the built-in Touchwiz screenshot program anyway? I've heard it's there but never found it, lol.

darren.wlsn1 12-27-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2161963)
I think he's talking about the connection process:(1) Mass Storage button (2) Connect To button and (3) OK button. Never seemed like a big deal to me.

gTen, where's the built-in Touchwiz screenshot program anyway? I've heard it's there but never found it, lol.

its power/home button on touch so try that cause there probably same.

jamice4u 12-31-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 2157335)
I have an upgrade that I need to use be fore 5/31/12.. otherwise I have to wait until after 8/31/12. The Epic is awesome, but the software over it is shitty and the kb has serious lagging issues. Reasons I would get a new phone
1) the epic touch's battery life is better and the processor is super zippy even stock
2) iphone 4gs: cause I have an ipad and the battery life is amazing compared to the epic
the reasons I won't change: CAUSE I NEED A F'N QWERTY.

Cyanogen Mod 7. Enough said.

darren.wlsn1 12-31-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamice4u (Post 2162410)
Cyanogen Mod 7. Enough said.

buggy at best