PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ecartmen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Google making Android like iOS would be counter productive for us the consumers..and Bada is more of an iphone competitor rather then a Android competitor..

What I would like to see is more companies committing to MeeGo..don't get me wrong I like Android..but so far Android is the ONLY option for a "computer in your pocket" phone..MeeGo is similar to Android with it being open source and powerful like a pc...so just in case Android goes wrong somewhere like what happened to winmo..and best of all Android Apps can run on MeeGo...
Sounds like we need more os in the industry. What about webos?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartmen View Post
Sounds like we need more os in the industry. What about webos?

I don't see HP licensing webos..and if they do they have to stop all production of phone hardware...see webos is a closed source platform, and when you manufacture your own phones OEMs are going to refrain from adapting it as they can be cut off any time.

WebOS stands more closely to where winmo was where you have a locked down platform with some room for control...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I don't see HP licensing webos..and if they do they have to stop all production of phone hardware...see webos is a closed source platform, and when you manufacture your own phones OEMs are going to refrain from adapting it as they can be cut off any time.

WebOS stands more closely to where winmo was where you have a locked down platform with some room for control...
I remember reading that hp wants to license out webos and place webos on everything from laptops (chromeos fighter) to cellphones to tablets to medical equipment...

Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

Quote:
I remember reading that hp wants to license out webos and place webos on everything from laptops (chromeos fighter) to cellphones to tablets to medical equipment...

No HP plans on using webos on THEIR prineters and all their stuff...

They also mention they "might" be open to licensing it but never said they plan on it. Either way, no one is going to pick them up..because they would be competing against the creator of the OS..if the creator decides to stop selling you a license your whole business is dead...

This is why M$ tried so hard to stay out of the hardware business..because they did not want to compete against their own partners..In Google's case while it may make the partners a bit worried, its no more worrisome then the deal M$ has with Nokia now..since Google makes all of their money on ads..then again this may be bad for investors in motorola due to Google may on purpose block some of motorolas actions to compete against other oems.. similar to the fallout between sprint and clearwire..
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
No HP plans on using webos on THEIR prineters and all their stuff...

They also mention they "might" be open to licensing it but never said they plan on it. Either way, no one is going to pick them up..because they would be competing against the creator of the OS..if the creator decides to stop selling you a license your whole business is dead...

This is why M$ tried so hard to stay out of the hardware business..because they did not want to compete against their own partners..In Google's case while it may make the partners a bit worried, its no more worrisome then the deal M$ has with Nokia now..since Google makes all of their money on ads..then again this may be bad for investors in motorola due to Google may on purpose block some of motorolas actions to compete against other oems.. similar to the fallout between sprint and clearwire..
M$ ownes danger that maskes the side kick smartphone. Ms also ownes nokia as they made a bid for them a few weeks ago and not talking about the windows phone seven os agreement.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
M$ ownes danger that maskes the side kick smartphone. Ms also ownes nokia as they made a bid for them a few weeks ago and not talking about the windows phone seven os agreement.

The Danger department made the kin, which was not meant to compete with WP7...They all got fired in the end, the new sidekick is made by Samsung running Android.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
The Danger department made the kin, which was not meant to compete with WP7...They all got fired in the end, the new sidekick is made by Samsung running Android.
That is nonsense as tmobile aka the new at&Tobile went with samsung for the next sidekick which is like how google does with the nexus line had htc then samsung now moto since they are buying moto and would be stupid if they did not have moto build the nexus line.

And microsoft still ownes the danger company so...

Old 08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
That is nonsense as tmobile aka the new at&Tobile went with samsung for the next sidekick which is like how google does with the nexus line had htc then samsung now moto since they are buying moto and would be stupid if they did not have moto build the nexus line.

And microsoft still ownes the danger company so...

Nexus line is different..they swap because they are giving all the oems and cpu vendors a chance at the nexus line...as for sidekick swapping, M$ discontinued danger's services..so T-Mobile had no choice...

And yes M$ still owns a company with 0 employees, and?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G