PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146435)

ecartmen 08-14-2011 12:48 PM

ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

5 Attachment(s)
ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR IS RIPPING OFF THE TOUCH WIZ INTERFACE FROM THE LEAKED SHOTS AT HERE...

SEE THE BOTTOM OF PICTURE 1 WITH THE APPS AND PHONE AND ALL ICONS.. SEE WHAT I MEAN,,,

now look at the last photo of touch wiz 3....

gTen 08-14-2011 01:33 PM

Re: ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

It looks a lot like TouchWiz..but that is the new stock os...

1st button is applications as in stock 2.2
2nd button is phone icon as in stock 2.2
3rd button is web icon as in stock 2.2
4th button looks like the one introduced in honeycomb which allows you to view all open apps..either that or its some sort of organizer portal...

ecartmen 08-14-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2137497)
It looks a lot like TouchWiz..but that is the new stock os...

1st button is applications as in stock 2.2
2nd button is phone icon as in stock 2.2
3rd button is web icon as in stock 2.2
4th button looks like the one introduced in honeycomb which allows you to view all open apps..either that or its some sort of organizer portal...

So after ripping off microsoft with the new market they rip off samsung

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

gTen 08-14-2011 08:42 PM

Re: ANDROID 2.6 SEEMS TO EITHER HAVE TOUCHWIZ AS THE NEW INTERFACE ON NEXUS S OR.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecartmen (Post 2137594)
So after ripping off microsoft with the new market they rip off samsung

well its not like samsung was the first to put buttons on the bottom..so I wouldn't exactly say its ripping off...something like this is fairly basic...

Personally I could care less who rips who off..as long as at end of the day I get the best product..

ecartmen 08-15-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2137596)
well its not like samsung was the first to put buttons on the bottom..so I wouldn't exactly say its ripping off...something like this is fairly basic...

Personally I could care less who rips who off..as long as at end of the day I get the best product..

If u look at touchwiz and the bar that the icons on the bottom reside on then yes google is stealing once again... it seems as if android may not be around after all the lawsuites are done... samsun can't sell galaxy tab 10.1 in the eu...

gTen 08-15-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecartmen (Post 2137710)
If u look at touchwiz and the bar that the icons on the bottom reside on then yes google is stealing once again... it seems as if android may not be around after all the lawsuites are done... samsun can't sell galaxy tab 10.1 in the eu...

Google just bought motorola and is going to license android..so now they can't sue the partners directly anymore without involving Google..

djgallis 08-15-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2137596)

aint that the truth

djgallis 08-15-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2137785)
Google just bought motorola and is going to license android..so now they can't sue the partners directly anymore without involving Google..

so what benefits as a casual user do we look for good or bad .. as google bought out motorola ....

at lot is happening in the phone industry w software and hardware before this year is over, now ive only been forum user almost 2 years now this is like crazy activity to me ...

ecartmen 08-15-2011 08:41 PM

I want google to make amdroid like I os. Only moto can make it and tighter intergration with motoblur.

Samsung can use bada to replace android.
Others can use windows phone 7.

gTen 08-15-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecartmen (Post 2137953)
I want google to make amdroid like I os. Only moto can make it and tighter intergration with motoblur.

Samsung can use bada to replace android.
Others can use windows phone 7.

Google making Android like iOS would be counter productive for us the consumers..and Bada is more of an iphone competitor rather then a Android competitor..

What I would like to see is more companies committing to MeeGo..don't get me wrong I like Android..but so far Android is the ONLY option for a "computer in your pocket" phone..MeeGo is similar to Android with it being open source and powerful like a pc...so just in case Android goes wrong somewhere like what happened to winmo..and best of all Android Apps can run on MeeGo...