PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 02:51 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Downloaded apps from the amazon app store

I downloaded a couple apps from the amazon app store which were the free app of the day apps but I had to relash the rom and didn't do any kind of backup of those apps I reinstalled the amazon app store app and searched on it to see if I could re download them but there's nothing on there and was wondering if maybe they are on my phones memory or the sd card but using adao file manager I've searched all I could and coulndt find anything on them does anyone know where I can probably find them or how to redownload them from the app store for free again. TIA

Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Downloaded apps from the amazon app store

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
I downloaded a couple apps from the amazon app store which were the free app of the day apps but I had to relash the rom and didn't do any kind of backup of those apps I reinstalled the amazon app store app and searched on it to see if I could re download them but there's nothing on there and was wondering if maybe they are on my phones memory or the sd card but using adao file manager I've searched all I could and coulndt find anything on them does anyone know where I can probably find them or how to redownload them from the app store for free again. TIA
They are linked to your amazon account..if you didnt create an account there is probably little hope to get them back as amazon uses the appstore to authenticate.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That's the bad news.
The good news is, I've noticed they do occasional repeats of older freebie apps. So keep watching for them.
If you have a regular Amazon account, the appstore extension is NBD. Uses same cc and personal info.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
They are linked to your amazon account..if you didnt create an account there is probably little hope to get them back as amazon uses the appstore to authenticate.
I think I did create an acct im going to try to log in and see if I can find them
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
the appstore extension is NBD.
What?

I went into my account on the website i was able to find the tab that shows all my apps that i have purchased but it doesnt say how to re download them
anyone know what im not looking at ?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

NBD = No Big Deal...

Sorry if this is redundant or if you've done it all already.
Just checking:
Did you load the Amazon Appstore app on your phone?
Open it and click Menu Key. My Apps is lower right option.
Click it and then click either ALL or UPDATE AVAILABLE.
Buttons to either install (download) or open apps are in right column.

I don't think you can reload Amazon apps from the website. Unlike the Android Market, you have to be in the Amazon Appstore app on your phone. I had to do this every time I did a hard reset or flashed a new rom until I realized that Titanium BU Pro could restore them all for me like it did with Market apps. (My Backup Pro couldn't restore Amazon apps.)
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

yahknow1 is just getting started

Yea, you need to have the link for the app itself(amazon app store) then once its installed and you've logged in with your username and pw, your apps should be reachable? If you don't see them try hitting the Menu key and you'll see "My Apps"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G