PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Downloaded apps from the amazon app store (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146290)

masetas 08-07-2011 02:51 AM

Downloaded apps from the amazon app store

I downloaded a couple apps from the amazon app store which were the free app of the day apps but I had to relash the rom and didn't do any kind of backup of those apps I reinstalled the amazon app store app and searched on it to see if I could re download them but there's nothing on there and was wondering if maybe they are on my phones memory or the sd card but using adao file manager I've searched all I could and coulndt find anything on them does anyone know where I can probably find them or how to redownload them from the app store for free again. TIA

gTen 08-07-2011 03:50 AM

Re: Downloaded apps from the amazon app store

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2135765)
I downloaded a couple apps from the amazon app store which were the free app of the day apps but I had to relash the rom and didn't do any kind of backup of those apps I reinstalled the amazon app store app and searched on it to see if I could re download them but there's nothing on there and was wondering if maybe they are on my phones memory or the sd card but using adao file manager I've searched all I could and coulndt find anything on them does anyone know where I can probably find them or how to redownload them from the app store for free again. TIA

They are linked to your amazon account..if you didnt create an account there is probably little hope to get them back as amazon uses the appstore to authenticate.

WanderingMinstrel 08-07-2011 05:15 PM

That's the bad news.
The good news is, I've noticed they do occasional repeats of older freebie apps. So keep watching for them.
If you have a regular Amazon account, the appstore extension is NBD. Uses same cc and personal info.

masetas 08-07-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2135769)
They are linked to your amazon account..if you didnt create an account there is probably little hope to get them back as amazon uses the appstore to authenticate.

I think I did create an acct im going to try to log in and see if I can find them

masetas 08-10-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2135862)
the appstore extension is NBD.

What?

I went into my account on the website i was able to find the tab that shows all my apps that i have purchased but it doesnt say how to re download them
anyone know what im not looking at ?

WanderingMinstrel 08-10-2011 07:06 PM

NBD = No Big Deal...

Sorry if this is redundant or if you've done it all already.
Just checking:
Did you load the Amazon Appstore app on your phone?
Open it and click Menu Key. My Apps is lower right option.
Click it and then click either ALL or UPDATE AVAILABLE.
Buttons to either install (download) or open apps are in right column.

I don't think you can reload Amazon apps from the website. Unlike the Android Market, you have to be in the Amazon Appstore app on your phone. I had to do this every time I did a hard reset or flashed a new rom until I realized that Titanium BU Pro could restore them all for me like it did with Market apps. (My Backup Pro couldn't restore Amazon apps.)

yahknow1 08-11-2011 12:09 AM

Yea, you need to have the link for the app itself(amazon app store) then once its installed and you've logged in with your username and pw, your apps should be reachable? If you don't see them try hitting the Menu key and you'll see "My Apps"