PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: ROM of preference out there on the EPIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscotti View Post
Ok, I'll start with Bonsai. I don't entirely understand why it's a good idea, but if it makes the process smoother, I'll go for it. Don't I need to decide a ROM first as well? I wish Cyanogen worked well on Epic, as that would may my decision easy...

Thanks again!
bonsai is a rom?
Quote:
BTW, I am running a rooted version of DI18 now. Should I flash back to stock before starting this process?

my thoughts since you wanna run bonsai first, odin the EC05 tar then dl bonsai unlocker/root and rom and start fresh.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cscotti is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
bonsai is a rom?
lol...errr...yeah I figured that out after typing that last message. I thought Bonsai was just the unlock tool at that point.

Quote:
my thoughts since you wanna run bonsai first, odin the EC05 tar then dl bonsai unlocker/root and rom and start fresh.
hmm, I'm already rooted, so I think I'll just odin EC05 and go from there. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

RandyT is keeping up the good workRandyT is keeping up the good work

Quote:
BTW, I am running a rooted version of DI18 now. Should I flash back to stock before starting this process?
We recommend that you are on EB13 to do the install. One reason is that the ROM install path is sometimes rocky coming from stock EC05. Also, we are only able to update the EB13 modem at this time, so anything older than EB13 will likely fail due to lack of necessary modem firmware update.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
N00b

cscotti is a n00b

Ok, glad you caught me...was just about to flash EC05. I'll do EB13 instead.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
N00b

cscotti is a n00b

BTW, Where can I find a list of all the features of the Bonsai ROM? I poked around on this Bonsai site and only found a "what's new", not a complete list.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 PM
N00b

cscotti is a n00b

hmm...so I got EB13 on there, but Bonsai Unlocker won't work - says it can't communicate. Yes, I have Debug mode on and it connects to the computer just fine .

Unless I can figure it out and someone can point me to a feature list for Bonsai pretty quick, I think I am just going to go CWM then Syndicate for now.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
N00b

cscotti is a n00b

So far so good with Syndicate. No amazing increase in battery life that I have noticed yet, but I was running JuiceDefender before (and still am) so perhaps I was already squeezing some of the gains out under the old setup.

I think I will need to install the address book/social media sync deal that was originally installed. Does anyone know where I can get that? I run a 3rd party email/address book program (Touchdown), and I really need it to stay synced up with the phone address book.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
So far so good with Syndicate. No amazing increase in battery life that I have noticed yet, but I was running JuiceDefender before (and still am) so perhaps I was already squeezing some of the gains out under the old setup.
For amazing improve battery life you gotta disable DRM and undervolt your CPU using Voltage Control from the market.

Quote:
I think I will need to install the address book/social media sync deal that was originally installed. Does anyone know where I can get that? I run a 3rd party email/address book program (Touchdown), and I really need it to stay synced up with the phone address book.
you mean the TouchWiz UI stuff?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-03-2011, 05:17 PM
N00b

cscotti is a n00b

no, heck no - at least I hope it's not part of Touch Wiz.

Hmm, now that I look at it - it looks like it may be built into the existing contacts app...still playing with the SNS sync deal to see if I can make it work.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
no, heck no - at least I hope it's not part of Touch Wiz.

Hmm, now that I look at it - it looks like it may be built into the existing contacts app...still playing with the SNS sync deal to see if I can make it work.
Hmm..if you dont like TouchWiz that comes with the phone, how about trying the TouchWiz 4.0 port...its a HUGE upgrade from 3.0 I hear...was gonna try it out myself today or tomorrow..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G