PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Volknochi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Battery meter does not read 100% when fully charged

Okay, I've had my new phone for about 2 weeks now, and I've been noticing that now anytime I fully charge my phone (it says Battery Fully Charged, Unplug Charger", the BatteryLife widget reads "97%". Sometimes "98%". And, sometimes when I turn the phone off and reboot it, while still on the charger, it'll read 100%, other times I have to unplug the charging cord and replug it, and sometimes it charges up the rest. Othertimes, just up by 1%.

My battery has been fully calibrated 3 or 4 times already when I first got the phone. Why would it start giving these off readings again?

Last edited by Volknochi; 05-04-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Battery meter does not read 100% when fully charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volknochi View Post
Okay, I've had my new phone for about 2 weeks now, and I've been noticing that now anytime I fully charge my phone (it says Battery Fully Charged, Unplug Charger", the BatteryLife widget reads "97%". Sometimes "98%". And, sometimes when I turn the phone off and reboot it, while still on the charger, it'll read 100%, other times I have to unplug the charging cord and replug it, and sometimes it charges up the rest. Othertimes, just up by 1%.

My batter has been fully calibrated 3 or 4 times already when I first got the phone. Why would it start giving these off readings again?
Battery calculations are based on a formula..there will always be slight margin of error..that said you will never achieve true 100% unless you have a kernel that allows it...if you charge your battery externally you can get to 100% but not on a cellphone...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Volknochi is a n00b

So, it's common for the battery widget to read 100% most of the time, but it's also common for it to show 97-98%?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volknochi View Post
So, it's common for the battery widget to read 100% most of the time, but it's also common for it to show 97-98%?
Exactly.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm pretty certain my phone has no idea what the battery is doing. It will go from 70% to 100% and stop charging and then when I take it off the charger, it goes to 70% after hours.

I decided yesterday that I would finally bring it back in tomorrow and today is my best battery life ever. I have a 3500MAH battery and it's been off the charger for 15hrs and it is at 46%. I have a feeling that it will get to 20% and then start shutting off.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I'm pretty certain my phone has no idea what the battery is doing. It will go from 70% to 100% and stop charging and then when I take it off the charger, it goes to 70% after hours.

I decided yesterday that I would finally bring it back in tomorrow and today is my best battery life ever. I have a 3500MAH battery and it's been off the charger for 15hrs and it is at 46%. I have a feeling that it will get to 20% and then start shutting off.
did you calibrate your battery?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Volknochi is a n00b

Thank you much!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Almost a VIP

I have no idea how to calibrate my battery.
I just took off my company exchange stuff and it wiped my phone so I'm flashing it to stock EC05 and bringing it in in 20 minutes. I hope to get a new phone out of this.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Almost a VIP

of course I also CWM back up'd so if I get a new phone, I'm going to just restore.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Unhappy Re: Battery meter does not read 100% when fully charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post

I had something similar occur with the OEM battery. I received the "Battery Fully Charged" pop up, unplugged the charger and a few minutes later the battery was only at 50%. This only happened once.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G