PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nyclegend20 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to Samsung Epic

well i gave back my epic and got the arrive hated it and got a new epic.

turns out this one my keyboard skips

like ill press the letter twice but itll only come once and wierd
i have read about the keyboards fixes but there is like 2-3 different things, which is the best and what is the best way to do it.

i am on just stock , no root no rom
Old 05-21-2011, 12:47 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Easiest way to do it is just load up a custom kernel with it built in..I suggest Genocide kernel..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-21-2011, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nyclegend20 is just getting started

how do you get a custom kernel?

i would root and flash my phone to syndicate but stock is giving me great battery life, on syndicate my battery was draining
Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclegend20 View Post
how do you get a custom kernel?

i would root and flash my phone to syndicate but stock is giving me great battery life, on syndicate my battery was draining
You don't have to switch to syndicate rom if you don't want to...Genocide kernel should work fine with stock/RFS rom...just load up clockwork/root and then in clockwork flash the kernel..(And you can undercloc kafter to get even better abtterylife)
Old 05-21-2011, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

balagyi is keeping up the good workbalagyi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You don't have to switch to syndicate rom if you don't want to...Genocide kernel should work fine with stock/RFS rom...just load up clockwork/root and then in clockwork flash the kernel..(And you can undercloc kafter to get even better abtterylife)
hey gTen. can flashing kernel brick the phone? i m still with stockec05/with clockwork n rooted.
thnxxx as always

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by balagyi View Post
hey gTen. can flashing kernel brick the phone? i m still with stockec05/with clockwork n rooted.
thnxxx as always

Flashing a kernel in itself shouldn't brick phone..flashing a kernel wont even effect your current data on the phone..but I would always suggest backing up regardless..

Either way it won't brick your phone just flashing it, a kernel is "capable" of bricking a phone..but not this one in particular...I have not heard any reports of Genocide ever bricking a phone...(but there are kernels like the visionkernel 1.2 which bricked my phone )
Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Flashing a kernel in itself shouldn't brick phone..flashing a kernel wont even effect your current data on the phone..but I would always suggest backing up regardless..

Either way it won't brick your phone just flashing it, a kernel is "capable" of bricking a phone..but not this one in particular...I have not heard any reports of Genocide ever bricking a phone...(but there are kernels like the visionkernel 1.2 which bricked my phone )
thnx gTen. is ur ph brick fixed yet?

Old 05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by balagyi View Post
thnx gTen. is ur ph brick fixed yet?

yup its still bricked..I had a chance to take it to a sprint store and they gave me a reasonable price to fix it..then after I left it they called me back telling me the price is higher >.>...so I canceled fixing it and just gonna warranty it probably...
Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What was the price they called you back with?

Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yup its still bricked..I had a chance to take it to a sprint store and they gave me a reasonable price to fix it..then after I left it they called me back telling me the price is higher >.>...so I canceled fixing it and just gonna warranty it probably...
arr.. thats bad. hope u get the new ph soon.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G