PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Busybox Error when ROOTING Epic

Hey guys... I posted similar topic before but it didnt get to far . Honestly i even forgot on wich thread i posted it. Ok but here is the deal..
I have the wierd issue when ODIN back to fully STOCK ECO5.
Ok we all know how to ODIN to stock but just in case this is how i do it.

First I open ODIN load PIT file and load the SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar
after phone reboots. I go to settings applications , development and enable USB debugging. Ok now i try to instal the one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 and once started installing while installin it the ALL BUSYBOX files all i get its an ERROR about NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON DEVICE or some crap like that.., now the rest of the installation doesnt give any me ERROR. Just BUSYBOX. i had tryied ODING back to EB13 then wait for the OTA EC05 then install (one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 ) and i still get the same error.. i even had gone back to stock EC05 and try installing OneClickRootCWM3-EB13.zip and i still get the same error. now when that happens I odin back to EC05 and keep trying to install one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 and i still keep getting the same error. now after 4 or 6 times of ODING back to stock SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar then eather one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 or OneClickRootCWM3-EB13 goes trough with no problems NO ERRORS.. there have been times where i just ODIN one time to EC05 and just install eather of the ROOT and it goes trough without problems right on first shot. but most of the time that I ODIN back to EC05 all i get is that DAM error about NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON DEVICE .. has anyone here has come across this same ISSUE? and how can be fixed if there is a way?

i need to know cuz Ok i can ODIN to EB13 then go back to ODIN and flash just EC05 modem but when the phone reboots i still get the warning about EC05 update no matter what. so what is the point of flashing just the modem if you are going to still having the warning of EC05 update in the middle of everything... it gets enoying after a while.. now to finsh this thread everytime that i used to just ODIN back to EB13 then install ether of the above ROOTS i had never got any error. the ERROR only happens after installing SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar when trying to root

Last edited by latinlover515; 05-01-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Busybox Error when ROOTING Epic

cant believ nobody has and answer to this issue. so i guess ima the only one having this nonesence issue. i just dont get over why do i have to ODIn back 4 o 6 times or even more to stock in order to install clockwork without the damn error
Old 05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Try using the EB13 tool then update via update.zip to EC05 and see what happens...as I stated before your system partition probably does not have enough space...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wink Re: Busybox Error when ROOTING Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Try using the EB13 tool then update via update.zip to EC05 and see what happens...as I stated before your system partition probably does not have enough space...

thanks GTEN like always a pleasure. but is that normal that my phone doesnt have enough space? i had done factory resets and the main thing i had freshly gone back to fully stock EC05 with ODIN. so i asume that ODIN will wipe everything out of the system. and si still get that error of not enough space.. so is that normal that even if keep doing what iam doing i will still have not enough space on my phone? or this issue only happees on some epics not all of them? ok and where do i get the offcial update zip to upgrade from EB13 to EC05? and i asume you mean ODIN back to EB13 then install root with clockwork 2.5 and on clockwork boot thin run the update zip file?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

EB13 Tool:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

EB13 -> EC05 update.zip

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...EB13ToEC05.zip

---

Odin does not exactly wipe everything unless set to(it has a bunch of options)..like the pit file is necessary if you plan to redo the partitions and etc..

Before rooting..how much space is in your system partition? and after rooting..do you see any apps disappear? like asphalt demo and etc?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Question Re: Busybox Error when ROOTING Epic

Quote:
EB13 Tool:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

EB13 -> EC05 update.zip

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...EB13ToEC05.zip

---

Odin does not exactly wipe everything unless set to(it has a bunch of options)..like the pit file is necessary if you plan to redo the partitions and etc..

Before rooting..how much space is in your system partition? and after rooting..do you see any apps disappear? like asphalt demo and etc?
yessss since day one that i have been rooting.. since the old days of Eclair stock ROM then going Upgrading to EB13 yes those 2 apps asphalt and Fre HD game desapired everytime i rooted.. even when i root on EC05 the disapired too. it just hat when i root after going back to stock EC05 busy box gives me that error while its beeing rooting..... and yes i do use the PIT file that came on the ODIN zip. i dont know if all PITs have the same functions for a full wipe on the system partition... but to be specific iam using ODIN 1.61 along with victory_8G_100528.pit. so how can I achieve to fully wiped everything on the system partition or what ever partition so that i dont get this error?

Last edited by latinlover515; 05-03-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
yessss since day one that i have been rooting.. since the old days of Eclair stock ROM then going Upgrading to EB13 yes those 2 apps asphalt and Fre HD game desapired everytime i rooted.. even when i root on EC05 the disapired too. it just hat when i root after going back to stock EC05 busy box gives me that error while its beeing rooting..... and yes i do use the PIT file that came on the ODIN zip. i dont know if all PITs have the same functions for a full wipe on the system partition... but to be specific iam using ODIN 1.61 along with victory_8G_100528.pit. so how can I achieve to fully wiped everything on the system partition or what ever partition so that i dont get this error?
PIT just sets up partitions...Try the EB13 tool method..if you continue to have problems then we may want to see how your partitions are setup before and after root.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Question Re: Busybox Error when ROOTING Epic

Quote:
PIT just sets up partitions...Try the EB13 tool method..if you continue to have problems then we may want to see how your partitions are setup before and after root.
well i already had the EB13 setup when it first came out. and still same issue when installing it and running the update trough recovery then try to root.. so how do i set and check partitions ?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

iam about to kake a motherflower hummer to this phone. allll fuc-----------------ing day odinging back to EC05 and the freaking busybox gives me the same bullshit error when trrying to root. other times i only oding 3 to 4 times and and install root and no error. but today shitttttt 20 times from 9 am to now almost 4pm and the same error when trying to root.. i already have a migrain headeache. iam out of here before i smash this damn MF phone.......
Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

There are methods for checking partitions such as running fdisk -l but I think root is needed for that...I dont have a device on me so I cant really see the functions list.

What reason are you re-flashing so many times?

There is a few things you can try:

1) install clockwork and root separately..

2) Run the contents of the run.bat manually

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G