PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron
type at 20+wpm and you will drop more characters than m&m's when jesus is eating them.
towards the end I could even type super slow and still have issue .... I remember I was pissed when I upgraded to froyo not only because sprint reps said the kb issue would be fixed & wasn't but the stock browser was laggy & screen swyping was slow . . . and at times froze . . is this just a stock browser issue with froyo because I'm experiencing similar on my new device .. lol I'm never fully satisfied with mobile devices but when I first used the tp2 I think that was the most satisfied I've ever initially been on a phone lol
Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: epic days r gone

EX?
p.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:41 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

towards the end I could even type super slow and still have issue .... I remember I was pissed when I upgraded to froyo not only because sprint reps said the kb issue would be fixed & wasn't but the stock browser was laggy & screen swyping was slow . . . and at times froze . . is this just a stock browser issue with froyo because I'm experiencing similar on my new device .. lol I'm never fully satisfied with mobile devices but when I first used the tp2 I think that was the most satisfied I've ever initially been on a phone lol
I'm kinda surprised that you would have been happy with the TP2 out of the box. The kb was great but the stock rom was about the worse thing I've ever seen.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

well I came fresh from tp which was by far the biggest p.o.s I've ever had so initially I was pleased .. lol just going from portrait to landscape semi smoothly with no delay was a + lol
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
EX?
p.
Yes. 10char.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I'm kinda surprised that you would have been happy with the TP2 out of the box. The kb was great but the stock rom was about the worse thing I've ever seen.
the stock 6.5 rom was but the stock 6.1 was top notch. it was associated with my ex so I had to get rid of it and upgrade .
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomo View Post
I dont think so ? epic will never die
what's up buddy! i thought you were that aggie dude...but the jury's still out
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

my gf has my tp2 and f'n hates it. I don't blame her. that phone's kb was awesome, but everything else about blew. It needed 2x the processor speed and they it would have been better. On that phone, the only time it was ever "fast" was when it was running the android port.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
my gf has my tp2 and f'n hates it. I don't blame her. that phone's kb was awesome, but everything else about blew. It needed 2x the processor speed and they it would have been better. On that phone, the only time it was ever "fast" was when it was running the android port.
i just aquired and sold an hd2 last week and the only way i could get rid of that thing was to hook it up with android on the sd card. just having 500 megs of music on the card caused that phone to hit a brick wall when you slid over to the music tab. it was supposed to be the ultimate in winmo phones.

since the original tp all anyone had said was that all winmo needed was 1gig ram 1 gig rom and a 1 gig processor and finally it wouldnt be a steaming pile of crap. wrong! that thing was just as sluggish as the tp2 was.

Last edited by austin420; 04-26-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Well now that I know it is a common problem, I am quite disappointed with the keyboard. This whole time I thought I was making a lot of errors in my typing because of the larger sized keyboard and not pressing the buttons hard enough. I hope they fix this soon!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G