PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 11:27 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: epic days r gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i just aquired and sold an hd2 last week and the only way i could get rid of that thing was to hook it up with android on the sd card. just having 500 megs of music on the card caused that phone to hit a brick wall when you slid over to the music tab. it was supposed to be the ultimate in winmo phones.

since the original tp all anyone had said was that all winmo needed was 1gig ram 1 gig rom and a 1 gig processor and finally it wouldnt be a steaming pile of crap. wrong! that thing was just as sluggish as the tp2 was.
HD2 with the Android port was and is still one of the best devices ever imo. Winmo on that phone just ruined it because it couldn't take advantage of the hardware.

I was reading Sharkies TP2 rom thread the other day and saw his comparisons of the TP2 with his rom (which is a great rom) to the Evo he just got and was quite surprised by his thoughts on it. I'm sure once he gets used to Android he'll be as hooked on it as most of us are.

I've been thinking about pulling out my old TP2 and throwing the Android port on it just to try it.

Enough rambling.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97
Well now that I know it is a common problem, I am quite disappointed with the keyboard. This whole time I thought I was making a lot of errors in my typing because of the larger sized keyboard and not pressing the buttons hard enough. I hope they fix this soon!
keyboard been an issue since launch day ... if the kb was working mint & besides my issue of taking a while for initial gps lock I don't know of a better device ..
Old 05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Re: epic days r gone

dont have any of those issues with ACS syndicate rom

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G