PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Official EB13 Problems Updating/How to Update Thread

This thread is to post for those having problems updating to EB13..

There will most likely be 4 methods to flash..

1) OTA - for those lucky to get it first

2) Update.zip - Once we ninja the link from the Google servers..it is effectively same as OTA but you do it manually..

Update.zip Download: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...858/update.zip
Update.zip MD5: 76a72a646093adc3579e27e9733dd5ff

3) Upgrade Tool - Released by Samsung to upgrade.

Tool Download: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co..._EB13_Tool.exe

4) Odin - Once the tar is released (requires a PC)

Note: Chances are root will break..

To use Method 1 and 2 you will need to be STOCK DI18 with no apps removed.

Those that are on DK28 you will have to flash back to DI18 via Odin..

If you have any issues feel free to post here and I and other members will try to assist you!

PLEASE BACK UP YOU DATA BEFORE UPGRADING!!!!! - Your data should not be lost unless you use Odin, but I can't stress this enough...cause if for some 0.0001% reason something does go wrong..your data will still be safe...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 02-21-2011 at 09:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official EB13 Problems Updating/How to Update Thread

If on dk28, can odin be used to flash back to d18 if the phone is not rooted?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy View Post
If on dk28, can odin be used to flash back to d18 if the phone is not rooted?
Odin can be used to flash back to DI18 no matter what you are running.

So in other words......yes.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Odin can be used to flash back to DI18 no matter what you are running.

So in other words......yes.

Cool, thanks.. Now fully flashed to DI18, now just waiting for the OTA or the update.zip, whichever comes first..
Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

now that I'm at home and odin is connecting, but failing, I'm going to try the upgrade tool I guess.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
now that I'm at home and odin is connecting, but failing, I'm going to try the upgrade tool I guess.
failing with what message? param.fs?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

i grew impatient and decided to manual upgrade, but im having issues. here are the problems as of yet.

1) i downloaded the update.zip directly to my sdcard, moved to root folder on sdcard, did the recovery mode (was stock recovery), selected the update.zip and...got an error. said something about status 7 and a problem with the update.zip. after 3 tries i stopped, deleted the file and looked for other methods.

2) tried the samsung froyo update tool, downloaded, installed, but it seems i got an issue with the drivers. im on win-7 64 bit.

3) decided to make sure i got all the drivers good, did the 64-bit no successs, then 32-bit...no successs.

4) plugged phone into laptop via usb, then it says that it is using windows update to find drivers. it now reads that SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device and USB Mass Storage Device are both ready to use. but says installing driver software for CDC Abstract Control Model (ACM) and S3C6410 Android ADB, has been sitting on that installing for the past 45 mins...im stuck here.

***i have downloaded the update.zip to my laptop, but im still stuck in the install driver spin and cant move the file over to the sdcard.

so, i got to get to work now and i hope someone can help out from the forum.

im rooted (one-click), no clockwork mod (as far as i know...lol), nothing deleted from sprint stock, im on dI18, kernel version 2.6.29....hope that helps.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i tried once more, was able to do mass storage and put the update.zip on my sdcard. tried doing the update from recovery and got the same error message. here is the exact wording of the message:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/playlogo", "6a77fea73c3f3b748002531304610c12e8d4280c", "728be192b070956bae9bab70b2e5680d6c6adb4") [this is all in yellow text]

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted. [this is all in red text]
Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok...gave one last try with the update tool since it is saying that there was some driver installation and not the others. this time i unchecked the usb debugging. it stated that it was installing drivers again via windows update, then said it needed to install the "gadget serial control", it did and was able to hit next on the update tool and....IT WORKED!!! im on EB13 now.

i hope my problem and eventual working will help someone else. i feel like i should just call off work and make today an official "play with my epic on froyo EB13 day" lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
ok...gave one last try with the update tool since it is saying that there was some driver installation and not the others. this time i unchecked the usb debugging. it stated that it was installing drivers again via windows update, then said it needed to install the "gadget serial control", it did and was able to hit next on the update tool and....IT WORKED!!! im on EB13 now.

i hope my problem and eventual working will help someone else. i feel like i should just call off work and make today an official "play with my epic on froyo EB13 day" lol.
glad i kept reading, i was gonna tell you that about w7 64 cause its a 64bit issue. glad you got it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G