View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
KaliS
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Re: Official EB13 Problems Updating/How to Update Thread

i grew impatient and decided to manual upgrade, but im having issues. here are the problems as of yet.

1) i downloaded the update.zip directly to my sdcard, moved to root folder on sdcard, did the recovery mode (was stock recovery), selected the update.zip and...got an error. said something about status 7 and a problem with the update.zip. after 3 tries i stopped, deleted the file and looked for other methods.

2) tried the samsung froyo update tool, downloaded, installed, but it seems i got an issue with the drivers. im on win-7 64 bit.

3) decided to make sure i got all the drivers good, did the 64-bit no successs, then 32-bit...no successs.

4) plugged phone into laptop via usb, then it says that it is using windows update to find drivers. it now reads that SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device and USB Mass Storage Device are both ready to use. but says installing driver software for CDC Abstract Control Model (ACM) and S3C6410 Android ADB, has been sitting on that installing for the past 45 mins...im stuck here.

***i have downloaded the update.zip to my laptop, but im still stuck in the install driver spin and cant move the file over to the sdcard.

so, i got to get to work now and i hope someone can help out from the forum.

im rooted (one-click), no clockwork mod (as far as i know...lol), nothing deleted from sprint stock, im on dI18, kernel version 2.6.29....hope that helps.