PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official EB13 Bugs/Fixes Thread

Just for the record, z4root does NOT work with EB13. I tried it several times before a hard reset and then after. On all tries, it crapped out in mid-root attempt and required FC.
Gonna bite the bullet and try 1-Click 2.5.2 this weekend.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

I'm having a problem with WIFI. Basically I press the button for wifi use and nothing happens. even when i go into the sittings and press there, nothing. there is a message that reads "error" that is under the wifi settings tab.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
I'm having a problem with WIFI. Basically I press the button for wifi use and nothing happens. even when i go into the sittings and press there, nothing. there is a message that reads "error" that is under the wifi settings tab.
Are you using stock rom? and did you update using update.zip method?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-07-2011, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

edubb521 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to edubb521

My Epic was so bad after the update, the Sprint tech said screw it and ordered me a new one! No bluetooth, random airplane mode, freezing, no gps, camera, and no pc connection detected when connected with usb. Sad part is, is that Sprint did my update manually for me in the store.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubb521 View Post
My Epic was so bad after the update, the Sprint tech said screw it and ordered me a new one! No bluetooth, random airplane mode, freezing, no gps, camera, and no pc connection detected when connected with usb. Sad part is, is that Sprint did my update manually for me in the store.
It doesn't matter who does the update..if update.zip method is used to update it is suggested to factory reset or else more then likely there will be issues.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

theredmonkey is a n00b

I read the comments and am shocked. My Epic works fantastic after the update and I used the evil Samsung updater and then rooted.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

layitdown33 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to layitdown33

The logs changed. I don't like my text logs to be mixed with my phone call logs.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigwolfbebad is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigwolfbebad Send a message via MSN to bigwolfbebad Send a message via Yahoo to bigwolfbebad Send a message via Skype™ to bigwolfbebad

Hey guys,

I'm having a few issues with my phone since the EB13 update, but I'll try to include as much info as I can so maybe you guys can help!

First of all, I didn't do the update OTA and also didn't do the update.zip method. I went to Samsung's site and downloaded the exe file that lets you update the phone and that worked fine.

My main Concerns/problems that came up are:

-.GIF animations no longer work in browsers (Either stock or Dolphin) and mind you, they worked fine in 2.1, and SOMETIMES work after I restart the phone.
-Weird Wifi error where I press Wifi in the notification window, it sits there, then if you go to settings it says 'error...'
- GPS STILL SUCKS ASS. It sucked on 2.1 for me and will randomly decided to just cycle like it's searching and not actually get a lock. Again, like with the .gif thing, sometimes if I restart it'll work like a charm. I already have GPS status, and even that isn't helping.
-Some keyboard response issues, but I can deal with that.
-Random slow downs or apps force closing.

I even tried contacting Samsung, and while they said they have heard some of these issues, they're "supposedly" fixing all of them, but in the meantime a factory reset should help. Has anyone actually done this? Does it work at all? And if so, do I just do it via the settings?

Lastly, (And sorry for the wall o' text) if anyone can recommend a good program to backup contacts/apps/sms with, it'd be much appreciated. I backed up my apps with Astro when I did the install, and the marketplace didn't recognize them, so I had to go back and manually re-download them so they'd show up in the marketplace app ALTHOUGH they were all re-installed.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I don't want to Factory reset unless I know it'll work!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

For GPS you may want to get the app called "GPS Status"..after doing a wipe you gotta redownload the AGPS data.

If factory reset does not work you can load up a custom rom, custom roms fix some of the issues you mentioned.

As for backing up, you can use Titanium Backup (must install its busy box) or MyBackup Pro..you can also backup using Clockworkmod and do advanced restore.

Edit: sorry I misread the GPS Status part...did you use the toolbox to clean the data and redownload it? are you using it indoors or out?

Last edited by gTen; 03-09-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EPIC!
Carrier: sprint

551skydiver is a n00b

Ohhh Eb13 How I had longed for this.... and now I must delete you.

Battery is horrible but airplane mode toggle is still a must. Confirmed.

I didn't hear anyone complain about the laggy home screen load time and the random vibrate then double vibrate mystery crap I have been scratching my head about when pushing the home button. WTH? Anyone?

I am not happy with the way the txt messages show up in the call log... it BUGS ME! and that alone should make it a bug!

Then:TP, Mogul, Treo 650, Timeport, Audiovox mp3 fone,Startac's,Uniden 5700 and a Brick.
Now: Epic 4g compliments of Samsung 3 days before launch!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G