PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
backing up contacts

the wirefly backup doesnt seem to work when ive used it. what are you guys using to back up contacs?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: backing up contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
the wirefly backup doesnt seem to work when ive used it. what are you guys using to back up contacs?
I sync my contacts with gmail, otherwise cwm nadroid backup works well for backing up all data when flashing roms. The disadvantage of nandoid is sometimes you will get fc's after the restore. My Backup Pro is also a good app as well. The advantage of that is it will backup just txt, call logs, and contacts if that's all you want.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Really the best way is to make sure that all the contacts you have on your phone are also in your Gmail contacts. With the ROM I am running whenever I add a new contact it asks me it I want to save it to my phone or to Google, and I always pick Google. That way no matter what happens my contacts will be cloud-based and will always be there. If you save them just to your phone and you lose your phone you're screwed, unless you regularly back up your SD card to your PC.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

tried to sync my contacts with my phone i have the sync checked but it wont sync, is it common for it not to work sometime
Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
tried to sync my contacts with my phone i have the sync checked but it wont sync, is it common for it not to work sometime
If your contacts are in your Gmail account you don't have to sync anything. It does it automatically.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

none of my contacts are in my gmail account im just using it that way since it seems to be the best way to save contacts. is there a step by step how to tranfer my contacts to my gmail account. i go to data and synchronozation and click sync contacts. the wheel turns for a few seconds but nothing is syncing
Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
none of my contacts are in my gmail account im just using it that way since it seems to be the best way to save contacts. is there a step by step how to tranfer my contacts to my gmail account. i go to data and synchronozation and click sync contacts. the wheel turns for a few seconds but nothing is syncing
Where do you want to bring your contacts in from? If they are on your google account then goto Settings/Accounts&sync and make sure sync is on, then tap on the account and make sure the "sync contacts" box is checked.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

no i want to get the contacts off my phone onto gmail. i click sync contacts and it doesnt do anything
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

i too am having this problem re: syncing to my gmail....i have 140 contacts on my epic but according to my gmail, i only have 21...my sync contacts box is checked and i thought that i was clicking the google thing when adding new contacts but according to my gmail, that is not the case...my question is how do i add my phone contacts to my gmail? also, there are numbers in my gmail that are NOT on my phone...hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Where do you want to bring your contacts in from? If they are on your google account then goto Settings/Accounts&sync and make sure sync is on, then tap on the account and make sure the "sync contacts" box is checked.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

weird issue you guys are having, mine syncs fine plus you can use import/export setting by opening contacts then menu and import/export

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G