PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

surfer01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official EB13 Bugs/Fixes Thread

downloaded update and installed via windows 7 64bit, had issues with no camera, no ringer, and no notification sounds. Could not acess sounds for these functions via settings, echat to sprint, refresh device, all items work normally now
Old 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abduljaffar View Post
What rhe heck if "refresh" mean? Like a re provision?
my guess is factory reset..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

mnmary is a n00b

Went to the Sprint forums looking for help and saw a link to this thread so I thought I would register so I could post.

Got the update last night about 4AM, have been fighting with my phone ever since. Nothing seems to work right anymore. It's almost like it loaded a virus along with the update.

It keeps buzzing at me telling me I need to update security settings, then it wants me to activate email device administrator. First thing it tells me is doing this will allow email to "delete all data and - perform factory reset, deleting all data without confirmation". REALLY? I'm not a geek, so maybe I'm misunderstanding but that just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

In the meantime it says my gmail password has changed (I didn't change it and it works just fine on my laptop), added a weird scrolling subject line to my email, and removed the email delete key, my landscape screen no longer works unless I slide the keyboard open, and the internet keeps timing out and the whole thing freezes up. Just to name a few of the issues I have been dealing with today. Wish I knew how to undo the update!

Like I said I am not a geek so I haven't changed anything other than add a few apps so I didn't expect it to give me all these problems.

Hope everyone else has better luck than I have!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmary View Post
Went to the Sprint forums looking for help and saw a link to this thread so I thought I would register so I could post.

Got the update last night about 4AM, have been fighting with my phone ever since. Nothing seems to work right anymore. It's almost like it loaded a virus along with the update.

It keeps buzzing at me telling me I need to update security settings, then it wants me to activate email device administrator. First thing it tells me is doing this will allow email to "delete all data and - perform factory reset, deleting all data without confirmation". REALLY? I'm not a geek, so maybe I'm misunderstanding but that just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

In the meantime it says my gmail password has changed (I didn't change it and it works just fine on my laptop), added a weird scrolling subject line to my email, and removed the email delete key, my landscape screen no longer works unless I slide the keyboard open, and the internet keeps timing out and the whole thing freezes up. Just to name a few of the issues I have been dealing with today. Wish I knew how to undo the update!

Like I said I am not a geek so I haven't changed anything other than add a few apps so I didn't expect it to give me all these problems.

Hope everyone else has better luck than I have!
Posted reply here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...ml#post2059840

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

the problems came back on my phone so i just did a factory reset by going into my settings and all the problems have gone away so far no i can use my camera and get access to sounds for ring tones and notifications
Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

betulike2know is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to betulike2know Send a message via Skype™ to betulike2know

I lost Slingplayer app which I Paid for.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:17 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by betulike2know View Post
I lost Slingplayer app which I Paid for.
just the apk?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Question Re: Official EB13 Bugs/Fixes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I would bet you lost your Boost mobile settings.
nah. its all fixed now. big thanks to MASETAS for the help. it was some hidden menu called APN that i had to edit some MMS proxy and that was a easy fix.. Thanks to MASETAS.. and thanks to all you guys for the concern as well.. Take care and MASETAS keep up the good work..
Old 02-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

EpicBuM is a n00b

As promised if more bugs began to surface AND THEY DID i would share with all via a post. Turns out EB13 is like a roach motel with no vacancies just FULL OF BUGS. Where to begin? 1st bug to appear was the accelorometer it began freezing in landscape mode for minutes at a time. 2nd was wifi would not connect in fact all icons in the drop down menu would not work except gps. Lastly, while trying to adress the above issues the home button quit responding, when tapped there was a slight vibration but no action AND YES haptic feedback was disabled in settings menu. So unfotunatly eb13 has been a nightmare for me. I threw in the towel and headed back to a custom rom. Hope all goes better for other epic users.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:51 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicBuM View Post
As promised if more bugs began to surface AND THEY DID i would share with all via a post. Turns out EB13 is like a roach motel with no vacancies just FULL OF BUGS. Where to begin? 1st bug to appear was the accelorometer it began freezing in landscape mode for minutes at a time. 2nd was wifi would not connect in fact all icons in the drop down menu would not work except gps. Lastly, while trying to adress the above issues the home button quit responding, when tapped there was a slight vibration but no action AND YES haptic feedback was disabled in settings menu. So unfotunatly eb13 has been a nightmare for me. I threw in the towel and headed back to a custom rom. Hope all goes better for other epic users.
so far so good for me..have you checked to make sure you got EB13 and not EB01? and have you tried a factory reset? and for accelometer..if you used odin you gotta recalibrate it...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G