PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

thebobc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RATS! Broken Screen on Epic!

So...I got my very responsible daughter an Epic for her b-day back in Sept, and a few weeks back, she very uncharacteristically dropped it. From waist height. Not hi at all (she is 12). Sadly, it was enough to crack the screen. No insurance...SADNESS! So off to ebay I went, and got a new screen...$75. Fast forward to Saturday, screen arrives. I look on the web for a how to video, no luck. Fascinate, yes....Evo, yes...no Epic. Bravely, I jumped into the task with both hands. On the final dismantel step, (the one that is different due to keyboard) I tore the ribbon cable. MORE SADNESS. Re assembled, and the earpiece no longer functioned. So today, I called my sprint repair center, and they said to bring it on in...broken screen, whatever...with no insurance it would be a $35 dollar charge, and new phone! Sigh...at first I thought, gee wish I would have called them first. But they said it was a policy change as of last week. So if you break your screen, CALL A REPAIR CENTER...even if you have no insurance.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: RATS! Broken Screen on Epic!

nice find and thanx for sharing your bad/now goodluck.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

get her a case... my epic has taken..many falls from even higher... not a scratch... accidents happen
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

akmzero is just getting started
Under sprints new repair program we fix all phones insurance or not, if you dont have insurance it will cost 35+ tax. We will fix it or replace it as long as its not DBR, damaged beyond repair, ie liquid damage or board damage, like a charging port.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

riceknight is a n00b

Man I wish I had an epic when I was 12! Very good to know though, thanks.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's actually better than insurance. The insurance costs you around $10.00 a month, and if you ever have to use it there is a $50.00 deductible. Why bother if they'll fix or replace it for $35?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Lost or stolen isn't covered, neither is liquid corrosion under the new 35 dollar thing. That's full price for your new phone. Also, insurance 3 times now has upgraded me for free from a vouge to a tp to a tp2.

Last edited by austin420; 11-17-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmzero View Post
Under sprints new repair program we fix all phones insurance or not, if you dont have insurance it will cost 35+ tax. We will fix it or replace it as long as its not DBR, damaged beyond repair, ie liquid damage or board damage, like a charging port.

So does that mean that the new policy covers water damage if I am paying for insurance?

Seems like I should be canceling my insurance
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

akmzero is just getting started
No it doesnt. Also doesnt cover you breaking a charging port.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

So then what the hell am I paying insurance for

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G