PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

cayeco is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in Airplane mode after root and ROM install

I rooted with clockwork 3 and installed the latest Midnight ROM. Everything went surprisingly during the boot and the flash. When the phone finally booted, the airplane mode is flashing and the phone is stuck on silent. I have since tried other ROMS and I still have the same problem. I can not flash back to stock because now the USB conections stopped working as well. Everything Ive read tells me to flash to a stock rom using Odin, but again I cant connect via USB anymore. Any help will be appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Stuck in Airplane mode after root and ROM install

wipe data/ cache 3 times and try the flash again. i would try to fix the usb issue too cause i think your gonna need to odin.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

It also seems to be stuck in a loop scanning the media files on the SD card. I tried the cache clearing through clockwork and also reset it to factory defaults. I at my wits end.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayeco View Post
It also seems to be stuck in a loop scanning the media files on the SD card. I tried the cache clearing through clockwork and also reset it to factory defaults. I at my wits end.
well the loop issue is something you did, your gonna need to odin back to dk28 and startover.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794138
Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the files to go back to dk28 but since I changed my file system with clockwork 3 so I could install the midnight ROM, the old ROMS will not run anymore. Is there a recovery rom that is in the new file system?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the files to go back to dk28 but since I changed my file system with clockwork 3 so I could install the midnight ROM, the old ROMS will not run anymore. Is there a recovery rom that is in the new file system?
wait, think i got a flashable zip to go back to old. here, use this and its flashable.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...-rfs-ext4.html
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thanks again, I will give that one a try.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Tried the file, it flashed but the phone wont boot past the Samsung screen
Old 01-25-2011, 02:31 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Tried the file, it flashed but the phone wont boot past the Samsung screen
well im out of ideas then, odin back to dk28 or di18 then i guess.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This just happened to me. I fixed mine by using odin to go back to DK28, then installed CW3, then installed midnight off of SD card from CW3.

Start with the phone off, open the slider and hold the 1 key down and then hold the power button. Does the yellow triangle eventually come up? Be sure and read the Odin howto carefully. This is a pretty hard phone to brick, you may have just missed a step somewhere.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone) - Android Forums

In my case I think the problem was caused by trying to go from eclair to midnight rom. I'm guessing that midnight doesn't install any radios or modems and the eclair versions don't work with it.

By the way, so far midnight rom looks pretty nice. this is my first custom rom on the new phone, I may have picked the right one. I figured if Darren was using it it must be pretty good.

Last edited by kirstein; 01-25-2011 at 09:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G