PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 03:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: has 2.2 official been released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Who confirmed and where is there a link??

I was just at a Sprint store yesterday playing with the Epic and the sales person said it had 2.2.1 already, pretty sad that I had to show them the version of Android on THEIR store phone...
Samsung before said they would update to Froyo the Galaxy S phones ebfore the end of the year...as for a link gimme a bit I gotta find it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Plus reports like this don't make me feel all warm and fuzzy...

What are the chances that this issue is cross-platform?

Samsung pulls Froyo update for Bell's Vibrant after reports of fried internal storage -- Engadget
We have been flashing 2.2.1 with no issues to our phones...it might be a bug with Kies rather then the actual Froyo.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Samsung before said they would update to Froyo the Galaxy S phones ebfore the end of the year...as for a link gimme a bit I gotta find it..
Oh, that quote...I thought it might have been a new quote, since someone named the 26th as the actual date. Didn't that comment also say that "some" carriers won't see the release until 2011 as well? I would think that AT&T and TMobile are more likely to see it by the end of the year since their versions are more based off of the International models than the CDMA versions.

Has anyone seen this article? What’s the Holdup with Froyo Updates? We’ll explain… | PhoneNews.com It gives logical reasons why the December timeline might not hold and it seems to make sense, well to myself at least. I've been saying for awhile now that Samsung is more concerned about pushing new devices out the door rather then supporting existing devices--in a timely matter for what that's worth...

Last edited by testacon; 12-20-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Broken quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I just tried the epic again and no wonder the epic beat the evo in top three phones list. I restarted the epic and it booted up in less than 40 seconds. It takes my evo at least a minute. Sometimes more. I'm really thinking of switching. I just love htc sense too much.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

this place will burn down if right after the epic finally gets 2.2 and the evo gets 2.3 lol!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

this place will burn down if right after the epic finally gets 2.2 and the evo gets 2.3 lol!
<Striking match and lighting Molotov c0cktail>

Who us? Nah, it's only a phone...
Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Come on.. Updatr I have been waiting since I dont remember! Nevermind I have the evo lmao!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I just tried the epic again and no wonder the epic beat the evo in top three phones list. I restarted the epic and it booted up in less than 40 seconds. It takes my evo at least a minute. Sometimes more. I'm really thinking of switching. I just love htc sense too much.
Once official 2.2.1 hits there will be sense ports...there is already a team on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

Nah..EVO still didn't get the 2.2.1 update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
Come on.. Updatr I have been waiting since I dont remember! Nevermind I have the evo lmao!
Wow..I feel sorry for you already

Last edited by gTen; 12-20-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

It looks like the droids already got 2.2.1 ota. My coworkers has the Droid X and he got that over the air thing mid last week.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkny View Post
It looks like the droids already got 2.2.1 ota. My coworkers has the Droid X and he got that over the air thing mid last week.
Yes, I heard about that....hoping for second place :/ lol
Old 12-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Once official 2.2.1 hits there will be sense ports...there is already a team on it..
or you could just try Fancy widgets... I heard they are exact look a likes.. but I have Beautiful Widgets installed... there is a skin that you can apply to make it look like the htc sense clock. either way... if the port was made for one like the original it would just make your phone lag more.. This is close to as you can get for now since you can wait and not know what bugs might be the outcome after it's being ported..

Just remember... Htc and Samsung don't mix very well. Always remember that...

Last edited by youngblack; 12-21-2010 at 01:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
epic, ota, samsung, samsung epic, sprint