PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oranges311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The nervous noob is back again

hey so i got a lot of good help the last time i asked and hopefully u guys are still out there lol. so im tryin to root but idk how to do it. i went to the one click root thread but the 32 bit files are missing or somthing because it wont let me download. so can anyone please point me in the direction of the file and maybe also give me a step by step on what to do lol. then if you would like to offer your opinions on different roms and apps and other items u recommend on a rooted epic id appreciate and will be sure to thank
Old 09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: The nervous noob is back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
hey so i got a lot of good help the last time i asked and hopefully u guys are still out there lol. so im tryin to root but idk how to do it. i went to the one click root thread but the 32 bit files are missing or somthing because it wont let me download. so can anyone please point me in the direction of the file and maybe also give me a step by step on what to do lol. then if you would like to offer your opinions on different roms and apps and other items u recommend on a rooted epic id appreciate and will be sure to thank
Did you check out the WIKI that is a stickied on top of the page? it has working links and a step by step for rooting.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea i checked it out but it still doesnt have the 32 bit files they say i need. what are some of the things you guys have done with your rooted phones?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:17 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
yea i checked it out but it still doesnt have the 32 bit files they say i need. what are some of the things you guys have done with your rooted phones?
Its right here with step by step instructions, follow them:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...emount_Scripts

You just download the 32-bit OS files.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:03 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There are a lot of things you will be able to do once your phone is rooted, but I think the most direct benefit is being able to use wi-fi tethering without paying Sprint $30.00/mo. Two other key apps are Titanium Backup (backs up all your apps)
and Root Manager (allows you to delete unwanted system apps and bloatware). Plus there are a lot of apps in the Market that you need root access to run.

Once the devs get some custom ROMs out there you will be able to experiment and see what you like. I'm sure the typical menu will be ROMs that focus on speed, some that focus on battery life, and some that focus on eye candy. They can change the radio settings to get better performance out of your phone while saving battery life, or they can streamline the functions of the phone so that apps open faster and smoother.

If you want to get an idea of what kind of custom ROMs will be coming, go to the forums for phones that have been out for awhile like the HTC EVO 4G or the HTC Touch Pro 2 you will see what's cooking.

The most important thing you need to do before you start flashing ROMs on your phone is READ! Read everything you can find about how all this is done and how to fix it if you screw it up. Go join xda-developers too - they are another excellent source of information on how to modify smartphones.

I almost bricked my TP2 because I thought I could just follow the instructions on the screen and everything would happen like it said it would. That is almost never the case. There are so many variables that could cause what you are doing to fail and you need to be aware of all of them before you dive in.

Enjoy!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok so i followed the instructions i think. i downloaded both and ran and unzipped the one click root thing and clicked the run file. when i initiated it it kept saying device not found over and over again and so i kept trying. it finally did.....stuff and then rebooted the phone. but when i tried to wifi tether or titanium backup it said that it doesnt have root access and wouldnt work. also the sprint startup animation doesnt play now only the sound. ne help?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cancel that i did 3 things and idk which one it was. first i restarted my phone. then i restarted my comp. finally when i extracted the one click root exploit it placed it into a folder on my deskktop called new folder. so i moved the one click root exploit folder onto the desktop itself instead of in the folder and now its working.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G