PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Loss of Service

I'm on my 3rd day of the Epic and really like so far. I changed from the TP2. I was out in the "boonies" this weekend and would go in and out of service areas. The problem was that when I lost service completely, the phone WOULD NOT find service again until I turned it off and then back on again. I have it set to roam, and, it would seem to switch from roaming to home service with no trouble, but at least 2 or 3 times in the last couple of days I would lose service completely and would have to cycle the power to fix it. Anyone else experience this and have any ideas to fix it?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Loss of Service

Update: I took the phone to the sprint repair center and they told me that it's normal to have to reset the phone after losing service. I don't buy that for a second. I've had Treo phones and Windows phones and I have NEVER had to reset the phone after losing service for a few minutes. After they hard reset the phone, it wouldn't synch up with the network for a half an hour. It couldn't make calls and did not have the correct time. At any rate, it appears that Best Buy is going to exchange the phone for me which I'm fine with. Has anyone out there experienced this problem (having to reset the phone when you lose service for a few moments)?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
Update: I took the phone to the sprint repair center and they told me that it's normal to have to reset the phone after losing service. I don't buy that for a second. I've had Treo phones and Windows phones and I have NEVER had to reset the phone after losing service for a few minutes. After they hard reset the phone, it wouldn't synch up with the network for a half an hour. It couldn't make calls and did not have the correct time. At any rate, it appears that Best Buy is going to exchange the phone for me which I'm fine with. Has anyone out there experienced this problem (having to reset the phone when you lose service for a few moments)?
I personally never had an issue like this except with 4g...though there was a similar issue on TP2 where it was stuck at 1x.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I personally never had an issue like this except with 4g...though there was a similar issue on TP2 where it was stuck at 1x.
This problem was actually with just the voice service and not data. 4G was turned off on the phone because I knew there was no 4G available where I was.

I traded in the phone today on a new one so we'll see what happens.....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G