PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkiller5150 View Post
Sprint. Personally I think that it should be illegal to void the warranty by customizing your phone seeing as how its your phone that you bought, but that isn't my call to make.
The whole voided warranty thing is a joke IMO. If you know how to root your phone, then you know how to unroot it in case you need to bring it back. And if its bricked, they won't be able to turn it on anyway, and you can tell them it happened during an OTA update.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic
Carrier: sprint

fa5spoon is a n00b
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

If i just installed a new ROM and i had backed up my previous ROM and from ClockworkMod Recovery i do -backup and restore>Advanced Restore>Restore data>yes, will this restore my previous ROM or just data, and will it also restore apps? or would would be the best and quickest way to restore data and apps to a new ROM. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 PM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa5spoon View Post
If i just installed a new ROM and i had backed up my previous ROM and from ClockworkMod Recovery i do -backup and restore>Advanced Restore>Restore data>yes, will this restore my previous ROM or just data, and will it also restore apps? or would would be the best and quickest way to restore data and apps to a new ROM. Thank you.
The Advanced Restore>Restore Data will restore your user data to include all emails, text messages, call history, game progress, backgrounds, ringtones etc. It will also restore and any apps you had installed. I suggest you also backup all your apps with something like My Backup Pro or Titanium Backup in case you need to restore just your apps without restoring everything. else
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

So is there anyway to do a restore for apps without having to install them 1 at a time?
Old 11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
nous défions

The Clockworkmod data restore you just mentioned will restore all your apps. So will Titanium Backup. If you used TB to make a backup, all you have to do in reinstall the app, and then run the batch function to restore all your apps.

But Clockworkmod is much easier.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

what exactly is odin?

and also when im in Clockwork Recovery and i want to flash a new ROM when wiping everything, do i also need to do advanced>wipe dalvik cache and advanced>wipe battery stats?

Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:22 PM
nous défions

Quote:
what exactly is odin?
Odin is a program that you can use to flash a stock ROM onto your phone. Its the same program that Samsung uses to flash their phones. The wiki has detailed instructions on how to use it and a link to where you can get it. Its under the section "Return to Stock / Fix Bricked Epic"

Quote:
and also when im in Clockwork Recovery and i want to flash a new ROM when wiping everything, do i also need to do advanced>wipe dalvik cache and advanced>wipe battery stats?

Thanks again.

When you are wiping your phone prior to flashing a new ROM, you do not have to wipe the dalvik cache. That happens automatically when you do the initial wipe. And you only need to wipe the battery stats if you are flashing a new kernel. There is a paragraph in the wiki under how to flash ROMs with Clockwork that specifically addresses the battery stats.

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=Sprint_Epic_4g

Pretty much everything you asked is covered in the wiki. If you have any problems with any of it , or there are any parts you don't understand post it here and we'll get it fixed.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

if i install the odin for [ROM] Epic Experience - Version 2.0.01 [11/30] - Froyo, what exactly is that changing? And once that odin is installe and i decide to change to a different ROM does i have to remove the odin? Thanks.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:09 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
if i install the odin for [ROM] Epic Experience - Version 2.0.01 [11/30] - Froyo, what exactly is that changing? And once that odin is installe and i decide to change to a different ROM does i have to remove the odin? Thanks.

You don't install odin..odin is an exe on your pc which interfaces with loke(usb itnerface) of the phone to flash stuff...it is similar to an RUU if you used winmo phones before...but with customization...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 AM
nous défions

Quote:
You don't use Odin to flash custom ROMs, you use Clockworkmod custom recovery.

As far as what the new ROM changes, you can read through all the change logs on the cook's thread and it will tell you what has been modified. Once you have Clockworkmod installed you can flash a new ROM whenever you want. From backing up your current ROM to flashing a new one and restoring your user data the whole process takes about 15 minutes.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G