PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Froyo Rom with HTC Sense?

I was told by Ziggy that yes it can be done if ported.....give it sometime.....Ziggy, X and MM are all working at getting things moving for all devices to be flashed.....I am also waiting for this...
Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

If you wanted Sense UI then why didn't you get an EVO? Personally Sense is eye candy and that's it....I prefer launcher pro or even ADW launcher before Sense. It's a lot of bloatware and is laggy compared to launcher pro or ADW. TouchWiz has been surprisingly good. No complaints thus far....Sorry that you bought a Samsung device when you were looking for an HTC device ......maybe you should return your phone?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have to agree with nvmyc...Sense is slow and eats up memory. I had a Hero for a few weeks before I returned it (to get an Epic, of course) and it has stock Android. I loved it. It's 100% customizable and easy to use. I feel the same way about Touchwiz. In fact, with the exception of the 4 fixed buttons at the bottom of the screen, I don't see much difference between TW and plain old Android. Maybe some of the menus are different, but still easy to use and easy to customize.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue / Epic 4G

ghostridr is keeping up the good workghostridr is keeping up the good work

I prefer using Fancy Widgets over Beautiful Widgets because it has more customizable features, plus when you tab on the weather icons you get a 5 day forecast.

Epic 4G - Stock (30day trail) until 10/1 when SERO/500 restrictions are lifted. Epic+SERO = $50 per month FTW =D>
Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm using Twiz and beautiful widgets. No problems so far. (Might try Open home for a few days as well .. in a few days LOL)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:59 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Even though I don't have an Epic yet, I thought I would toss in my opinion here.

I would guess that a lot of people that have or are getting this phone are moving from an older HTC Android phone, or phones like the TP2.

I myself have been using Sense and older Manila versions for about 2 years now with the Vogue and TP2. I'm very accustomed to the HTC UI as I'm sure a lot of people are. This is why Sense on the Epic would be nice.

The problem I see with this would be from a legal standpoint. I'm not quite sure HTC would be cool with people porting their UI on other manufacturers phones.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOGUL, TP1, TP2, EVO, EPIC 4g

nadcicle20 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Even though I don't have an Epic yet, I thought I would toss in my opinion here.

I would guess that a lot of people that have or are getting this phone are moving from an older HTC Android phone, or phones like the TP2.

I myself have been using Sense and older Manila versions for about 2 years now with the Vogue and TP2. I'm very accustomed to the HTC UI as I'm sure a lot of people are. This is why Sense on the Epic would be nice.

The problem I see with this would be from a legal standpoint. I'm not quite sure HTC would be cool with people porting their UI on other manufacturers phones.
Well no they wouldn't. That is why beautiful widgets along with fancy widgets both seen their end of days on android market.

Beautiful widgets changed up its look and came back. If there were a sense UI made for flash to the samsung epic and htc got "sense" of it, then yes I could see it causing a shitstorm.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

webdude12 is a n00b

I got this phone, because I wanted a physical keyboard. And yes there is an HTC coming with a physical keyboard, its going to Verizon first as an exclusive. So not sure when Sprint will get it.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Any word on an official Froyo release for the Epic? And for that matter, is there any development going on to get it to us sooner?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work

For those that are just going for the HTC look, it's not that hard to accomplish (clock and weather are Beautiful Widgets ($2) and the calendar is Agenda Widget (free):

If you want the other widgets, I'm sure there are others out there that do similar tasks. I simply prefer an HTC-esque look with the snappiness of the touchwiz because I feel the SenseUI slows the phone down.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G