PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclegend20 View Post
i just got the Epic and finally found out how to root and flash over to this rom. Im on the syndicate fully loaded.
I was wondering what are the battery saving apps.
my battery even with 4g off doesnt last me a whole day, maybe 8 hours
I have to say that I'm not noticing a whole lot of difference with battery life as well. with regular to heavy usage I'm getting in the 8 to 10 hour mark. I read that the developers were getting 30 hours??? I'm really interested to know how?? I have done the wipe battery-stat, fill, drain thingy and thag doesn't see to do much of anything but occupy my time. any help here and what are you sfr vets getting with battery life?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2011, 07:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3

Did you guys disable drm?

Also did you try loading up Genocide kernel and begin underclocking?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Did you guys disable drm?

Also did you try loading up Genocide kernel and begin underclocking?
I haven't disabled DRM yet...would need to know how to be sure. I remember an old post discussing it being removed at start-up, but with this ROM I thought mediahub was already removed.

I also haven't loaded the genocide kernal, I'm using the one that caame on srf. haven't played with underclocking yet, would like some guidelines to follow before experimenting with that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited by KaliS; 05-15-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
I haven't disabled DRM yet...would need to know how to be sure. I remember an old post discussing it being removed at start-up, but with this ROM I thought mediahub was already removed.
Mediahub is different from DRM service...IF I remember correctly they werent able to remove DRM yet due to it causing issues, so people just need to freeze it with titanium for example.

Quote:
I also haven't loaded the genocide kernal, I'm using the one that caame on srf. haven't played with underclocking yet, would like some guidelines to follow before experimenting with that.
Genocide is best kernel so far, just make sure you enable journaling....its pretty simple, download voltage control app after you have the kernel and start UVing, use BFQ or CFQ..dont UV everything at once..go up 1 step on 1 frequency at a time and temp apply it, use phone for a few hours/day..if it doesn't freeze up, keep doing it little by little until you find stable settings..then apply them...each device undervolts differently.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok, ive frozen both DRM files that were found in TB. i just found the genocide kernal and doing some reading/research on it now. im trying to see what other benefits would it bring my device....
Old 05-15-2011, 08:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
ok, ive frozen both DRM files that were found in TB. i just found the genocide kernal and doing some reading/research on it now. im trying to see what other benefits would it bring my device....
When I ran the default Twilight kernel on my phone, I had a few weird issues..nothing major but there were some..like when I put it on charging Touchscreen went weird on edges and etc..with Genocide instantly fixed a bunch of issues..also comes with newer voodoo sound..

In general, Genocide kernel is newer thus better...VisionKernel 1.2 was just as good..while it worked...then it bricked my phone ..but Genocide is stable..no bricking there lol
Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

im using this rom and i like its stability but my only problem is the screen is constantly coming back on. it turns off after 15 seconds but something seems to wake it up oi just flashed again so there are no other programs on here yet to make this happen. any help? its killling my battery
Old 05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
im using this rom and i like its stability but my only problem is the screen is constantly coming back on. it turns off after 15 seconds but something seems to wake it up oi just flashed again so there are no other programs on here yet to make this happen. any help? its killling my battery
happens to me if back cover is off and i move phone around.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Hopefully we can get a leak of EE19

Old 05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Hopefully we can get a leak of EE19
man your really wanting this i guess, second post i see with it. not really sure why its posted here plus the other gb leak is pretty solid and beta you want is also gonna have issues.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development