PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.3 EXT4 (Awareness Edition) & BYOR Edition 05/15/2011 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141181)

ptfdmedic 02-23-2011 12:30 AM

[ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.3 EXT4 (Awareness Edition) & BYOR Edition 05/15/2011

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the midNIGHT ROM Thread (For Official Froyo)

================================================== ====================================

Support Autism Awareness and sport the new banner... It doesn't matter if you use my ROM or not. This is about supporting Autism Awareness and nothing more. I have to GIVE a HUGE THANKS to Johnny Bravo for this. This is mostly his work with a few VERY tiny changes by me.. Thanks JB!!!
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...ness450x80.png

See the attached text file for the code.......

Announcements

UPDATE: Going forward I need to move to making all announcements for midNIGHT ROM via Twitter. This will allow me to streamline everything and make it much less complicated for me. Follow my on Twitter.

If you guys like the midNIGHT ROM you can vote for it here.

I want to THANK everyone for their support and patience while I put this together...

================================================== ================================================== =======================================
I NEED YOUR HELP:
While you are waiting for the ROM to download please read and share the following two posts:

You ask why we need Autism Awareness?

My Broken Heart: The "bare handed man": This is EXACTLY why we NEED Autism Awareness.

The Future, Fear and Autism: This is why I fear the future and how YOU can HELP.
================================================== ================================================== =======================================

REBUILDING THE OP. I'LL POST THE REST OF THE CREDIT LINKS SOON BUT THE CREDIT IS ALREADY THERE......

Current Release:

midNIGHT ROM v5.3 (Awareness Edition and BYOR Awareness Edition)

midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Journaling OFF (BYOR) Base ONLY
Note: This ROM WILL install the EC05 modem regardless of whether your on DI18 or EB13.

midNIGHT ROM Extras v5
Note: You can redownload this if you want but the only zip changed is the zip below. This is intended for new users.
Note: This also contains the midNIGHT ROM v5.1 Standard Upgrade.zip.
Note: You need to EXTRACT the contents to your sdcard

midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Standard Upgrade.zip
Note: This is the ONLY change to the midNIGHT ROM Extras folder since the previous release (midNIGHT ROM v5 (BYOR)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Change Log: EC05 based
1) New OC Bonsai Kernel v4.0.1 and scripts (Thanks to Mammon88 and Randy_T)
2) Camera Lag has been fixed and security hole patch (Thanks to mkasick and Rodderik for the fix and Bonsai for the kernel integration)
3) Carrier IQ COMPLETELY REMOVED. Battery modded apps. (VERY,VERY big Thanks to k0nane)
4) Themes updated for compatibility and "Reboot Mod" (Thanks to MysteryEmotionz for the "Reboot Mod" and amosher13 for help with compiling the framework)
5)Voice Dialer updated with fix (Thanks Dameon)
6) No Battery Pop Up MOD (Thanks to amosher13)
7) Call Log Mod (Thanks to Mammon88 and Randy_T)
8 ) New default wallpaper (Autism Awareness)
9 ) Updated build prop to reflect the upgrade.
10) Updated midNIGHT ROM Extras (now includes the EC05 modem odin package)
11) Thanks to mkasick for the TWS bug fix.
12) Clock is restored to notification bar (Thanks to Bonsai)
13) Stock theme now 1% battery modded.
14) The Bonsai Team has moved to a new location Bonsai for Android | (registration is FREE and worthwhile)
15) New boot and shutdown animations (Thanks optmsprim2)
16) Stock Framework
17) Removed 1% battery mod (flash a theme if you want it back)
18) Added reboot option to stock framework (Thank to MysteryEmotionz for the Policy.jars)
19) Modem will now upgrade DI18 AND EB13 to EC05 (HUGE THANKS to Bonsai)
20) AppWidgetPicker Updated (Thanks boombuler)
21) Voodoo Sound (Thanks to Bonsai)
22) midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Standard Upgrade.zip updated.
23) Removed the midNIGHT ROM Extras folder from the zip and made it available here as nothing has changed and to save bandwidth.
24) Increased the sdcard cache size to 4MB (mileage on this may very)
Nore: The midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Standard Upgrade.zip has been updated and will be available as a separate download or inside the midNIGHT ROM Extras v5.zip above.

=========

Instructions: READ, READ,READ and READ some more
Note: If you are already rooted and then skip to step 6.
I personally recommended that you wipe EVERYTHING x3 for your first flash and if you are coming from a different ROM or EB13. That will give the most stable results..
If you experience FC's after booting up then wipe everything x3 and reflash. The FC's ARE NOT A BUG. More a side effect of switching ROM without starting clean.
1) Make sure you are Rooted with NEW CW3.0.0.6 OneClick by Dameon (If not already)
2) This WILL flash the EC05 modem over DI18 or EB13. No need to use odin.
3) Copy the midNIGHT ROM v5 (BYOR Edition) to your SD card.
4) Delete the current "midNIGHT ROM Extras" folder from your SD Card
5) Boot into CW3 (Let it covert. This will only happen if your on RFS)
6) Flash midNIGHT V5.2 and reboot (THIS WILL NOT WIPE DATA and DOES BACK UP AND RESTORE)
7) The Process WILL TAKE ABOUT 5 MINUTES TO FLASH SO DON'T PANIC. Also you will sit on the Samsung screen for at least a minute.
8) Using Quickboot, boot back into CW3
9) Navigate to the midNIGHT ROM Extras folder and flash individual zips to build you custom ROM. (If you don't have it already links are above)
and/or
10) Navigate to the midNIGHT ROM Extras folder and flash the midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Standard Edition UPGRADE.zip and you will enjoy the "Typical" or "Standard" midNIGHT ROM release..
ALL SUPPORT WILL BE GIVEN AT THE XDA ONLY

What do you get when you flash midNIGHT ROM (BYOR Edition)?
==============
I cleaned out the ROM (removing ALL unnecessary apks and files. When you flash the ROM you will have the following Apps pre-installed.
-----------------
Calendar
Contacts
Task Manager/Hotspot (As they can't safely be removed)
Quickboot (to keep things simple) REMOVABLE
Stock Froyo Launcher (REMOVABLE)
Battery modded Camera (VERY,VERY big Thanks to k0nane)
Titanium Backup (Removable)
Market
-----------------------
If you downlaad and flash
midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Standard Upgrade.zip you will get the following:
------------------------------------------------
AOSP modded Browser (VERY,VERY big Thanks to k0nane)
YouTube
Google Talk
Google Search
Gmail
App Widget Picker
Memo (support the phone app)
Google Voice (Removable)
Clock Package (Google)
Samsung video editor (Removable)
Voice Mail
Voice Search
Voice Dialer
Market
Stock MMS/
Fascinate Email
Maps
Google Apps
Divx
Battery modded Video Player (VERY,VERY big Thanks to k0nane)
Battery modded Music Player (VERY,VERY big Thanks to k0nane)
Gallery
GingerBread Keyboard
Working Swype (Newest Beta)
Live Wallpaper Framework
TW Live Wallpapers
Thunderbolt Calculator
My Files
Voodoo control app to data (removable)
This is pretty much what I include in my "typical" releases... This should make things quiet simple for EVERYONE. If your an advanced user or just want to take the time to flash one at a time or completely customize your phone then go for it. If you want to just have a "Standard Edition" you can just flash the midNIGHT ROM v5.2 Standard UPGRADE.zip" and you will be good to go. I have tested both versions. Both seem very stable and quick. Hopefully battery life is better since I removed a ton of background apps.
Credits:
Mammon88 and Randy_T: Bonsai everything. Thanks for including me in the testing phase and sharing your knowledge.
mkasick: Camera Lag Fix and Malware patch and the TWS bug fix
k0nane: Carrier IQ removal and battery modded apps and tweaked browser. Thanks for early access to the IQ removal. Thanks for answering my questions and being a good example.
MysteryEmotionz: Thanks for the help with my original theme and answering my questions over Talk and porting the reboot mod.
amosher13: Thanks for helping me figure out the error of my ways. I was finally able to rebuild my theme and include the reboot mod.
Dameon87: Thanks for bring us EXT4 and ClockWork 3. Huge Thanks for getting us started with EB13 and answering my questions.
Rodderik: Thanks for the malware patch.
A very special THANK YOU goes out to my testers:
chadit
megabiteg
Science Guy
dnathan13
Darren.Wisn1
iamdasht19
Johnny Bravo
shane6374
wudstock54
capitaltpt
flyers2114
jmkasperek1

================================================

Also if you have any "Thanks" burning a hole in your pocket please visit k0nane's and bonsaithreads over spend your "Thanks" on them. They truly deserve it.
================================================== ==============

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: There is a HOW TO video for installing this ROM along with CW3 on my blog as well. Look on the Android Development page. Please keep in mind that the ROM being flashed in this video is not the v2.7 but the process is the exact same. Also I skipped the wipes prior to flashing to save time.

ptfdmedic 02-23-2011 12:31 AM

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.0 (coming soon)

reserved parking

ptfdmedic 02-23-2011 12:31 AM

mine as well

ptfdmedic 02-23-2011 12:32 AM

this is the last one. Have at it....

darren.wlsn1 02-23-2011 12:36 AM

this ones mine.

shane6374 02-23-2011 12:57 AM

Woohoo!!!
Rooting with the 3.0.0.6 right now. Wow this takes a loooong time!

ptfdmedic 02-23-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2060049)
Woohoo!!!
Rooting with the 3.0.0.6 right now. Wow this takes a loooong time!

How do you add someone to a group in palringo.... I most of the people from the test group in my contacts but I can't invite or add them to the midNIGHT ROM test group

darren.wlsn1 02-23-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2060052)
How do you add someone to a group in palringo.... I most of the people from the test group in my contacts but I can't invite or add them to the midNIGHT ROM test group

contacts on pal has a dropdown/add contacts.

ptfdmedic 02-23-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2060056)
contacts on pal has a dropdown/add contacts.

I got that. But how to add you to the group I created is still a mystery..

darren.wlsn1 02-23-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2060066)
I got that. But how to add you to the group I created is still a mystery..

LOL, groups (on top) "create a group"

ptfdmedic 02-24-2011 12:18 PM

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.0 (BYOR Edition) 2/24/2011

Everyone.... The wait is over...well at least in 10 minutes it will be.... PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. I'm really tired and have a lot to do today.

Also PLEASE help me to accomplish my mission of spreading Autism Awareness. While your waiting stop by my wifes blog and read our life from her perspective...

Thanks for your patience and support... I will continue to work will my AWESOME group of testers to work out the remaining small issues.. Nothing major but just annoying to me... IF anyone has any insight into these please let me know...

Thanks....

kirstein 02-24-2011 01:14 PM

Question for anyone running 4.0...
His release notes mention that autorotation is broken. Is this in all apps, just the homescreen...specific apps?

shane6374 02-24-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstein (Post 2060786)
Question for anyone running 4.0...
His release notes mention that autorotation is broken. Is this in all apps, just the homescreen...specific apps?

All apps. The screen will only rotate when you slide the keyboard. I know he's working hard to get this fixed.

ptfdmedic 02-24-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2060869)
All apps. The screen will only rotate when you slide the keyboard. I know he's working hard to get this fixed.

The fix is to just flash the kernel I linked to in the instructions. Just flash dameons dual kernel and the rotation is back. I only left the redirect kernel in because it makes it easier for people to flash and get into cw3. All you need to do is flash the other kernel and your back in business.

shane6374 02-24-2011 10:28 PM

Must be a hot download. Over an hour now to dl.

vpatel91 02-24-2011 10:31 PM

Hey guys, quick two questions for anyone that can answer.

1) Whatever happened to the "pulse notification LED" setting that was present on the Epic back in stock Eclair? It isnt present in the DK28 and EB13 updates and there is no way to have the LED pulse for a missed call like we were able to before.

2) On version 3.3, flashing TW restore and the midNight theme gave us a 5-soft button launcher and a transparent app drawer if we chose to view it in Grid mode...what happened to this, and/or is it possible to get this back??...especially the 5-button launcher b/c I have no problem with Touchwiz, so I dont mind using it but the extra button does come in handy (and dont want to use LauncherPro or ADW).

shane6374 02-24-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpatel91 (Post 2061027)

1) Whatever happened to the "pulse notification LED" setting that was present on the Epic back in stock Eclair? It isnt present in the DK28 and EB13 updates and there is no way to have the LED pulse for a missed call like we were able to before.

2) On version 3.3, flashing TW restore and the midNight theme gave us a 5-soft button launcher and a transparent app drawer if we chose to view it in Grid mode...what happened to this, and/or is it possible to get this back??...especially the 5-button launcher b/c I have no problem with Touchwiz, so I dont mind using it but the extra button does come in handy (and dont want to use LauncherPro or ADW).

Not 100% on this, but my understanding from what Mystery Emotions said is that the DK28 themes are not completely compatible with EB13.

ptfdmedic 02-25-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2061030)
Not 100% on this, but my understanding from what Mystery Emotions said is that the DK28 themes are not completely compatible with EB13.

My themes seem to work fine but they aren't "heavy" themes. I chat with mystery later and get the details. I might have to rebuild my themes..sigh..

..and yeah it's heavily downloaded. I have had over 4000 hits today alone... I can't even access my blog half the time today..... Hopefully that means a lot of Autism Awareness is being spread.

shane6374 02-25-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2061104)
My themes seem to work fine but they aren't "heavy" themes. I chat with mystery later and get the details. I might have to rebuild my themes..sigh..

..and yeah it's heavily downloaded. I have had over 4000 hits today alone... I can't even access my blog half the time today..... Hopefully that means a lot of Autism Awareness is being spread.

Yeah, I use EB myself, but remove most of his apps from it. Like I said, wasn't 100% but I was reading some of his post's about themes. I'm trying to learn how to do some myself. My TP2 roms were almost completely my own created theme, so wanting to do the same over here. All I have done is Launcher Pro. (The rest not going well)

Durmant 02-25-2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpatel91 (Post 2061027)

I know for sure that the 5 button was Launcherpro....:-)

Johnny.Bravo 02-25-2011 09:02 AM

Just wanted to share my update experience....

Starting with midNIGHT 3.1 I flashed 4.0, flashed midNIGHT Standard Upgrade and midNIGHT Theme 3.1 and my phone went into a boot loop.

Tried the same thing again but this time skipped the theme, and my phone booted but Launcher Pro went into a FC loop.

Odin'ed to stock EB13, rooted with new CW3, flashed midNIGHT 4.0, then the Standard Upgrade, and then flashed the Viper OC's kernel (1.2 GHz). Booted just fine.

Lastly went back into CW3 and used Advanced Restore to restore data from v 3.1. Worked great, only I had to reload all my widgets. But the data restore got back everything, apps, data, all of it with no issues.

Johnny happy.

Thanks Rob!

ptfdmedic 02-25-2011 01:37 PM

=================================================
PLEASE READ and help spread awareness:

I want everyone to know this happened. Not because of what I did but because of what I learned.

Everyone, PLEASE read and pass this story along. This happened to me on Feb 21, 2011. As a people, we NEED to do better. We NEED BE BETTER.

"My Broken Heart"

=================================================

rglover1168 02-25-2011 02:51 PM

Hey guys if I'm already running midNight ROM v3.1 EXT4 CW3 do I still need odin to install 4.0?

darren.wlsn1 02-25-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rglover1168 (Post 2061333)
Hey guys if I'm already running midNight ROM v3.1 EXT4 CW3 do I still need odin to install 4.0?

so your not on eb13? i recommend following directions op posted. think i would read every line.

darren.wlsn1 02-25-2011 03:51 PM

[MOD][EB13] AOSP Lockscreen! - xda-developers

i know lots of you cats like asop. lol

ptfdmedic 02-25-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2061382)

Oh you know I like it AOSP......

On a side note: Why don't people read the directions.....

shane6374 02-25-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2061382)

Me love AOSP

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2061438)
On a side note: Why don't people read the directions.....

So they can ask the questions, then not thank ppl for giving them the answer.

darren.wlsn1 02-25-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2061444)
Me love AOSP

So they can ask the questions, then not thank ppl for giving them the answer.

lmao, you sir get one from me. ya i think some just like to type.

Johnny.Bravo 02-25-2011 10:44 PM

I went ahead and tried to flash it over midNIGHT 3.1 just to see what would happen, and it did exactly what I thought it would do.....it went into a boot loop. In fact I tried several methods that failed just because I wanted to see what would happen. I think starting with stock EB13 is the smoothest and easiest way to go.

kirstein 02-26-2011 12:07 AM

For those of you familiar with the camera problems on EB13, do they still exist in this ROM?

Johnny.Bravo 02-26-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstein (Post 2061586)
For those of you familiar with the camera problems on EB13, do they still exist in this ROM?

What problems are you talking about? I used my camera today and it worked fine.

gTen 02-26-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2061621)
What problems are you talking about? I used my camera today and it worked fine.

The problems people are saying is that it blurs motion in low light for video recording..

Johnny.Bravo 02-26-2011 08:39 AM

Oh, I guess I have been so busy at work I haven't kept up with all the known issues. I used mine but it was outside on a sunny day. I did try a few low-light still photos and they were blurry, but they were taken in a moving vehicle and it was a fairly rough ride so that's probably not the best test scenario.

darren.wlsn1 02-26-2011 11:41 AM

camera fix/lag for ya peeps via kernel. tried it and it works.

[PATCH][KERNEL] EB13 camera video lag & sports mode FC fix - xda-developers

also genocide was just update this am with same fix.

[KERNEL][GPL]Genocide 1.2GhzOC EB13 Kernel v0.3a (DK28 Compatible) - 2/26/2011 - xda-developers

shane6374 02-26-2011 03:26 PM

Anyone else having issues with Parlingo?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

darren.wlsn1 02-26-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2061802)

no but it happens time to time on there end.

where did beta group go??????????????????/

wudstock54 02-26-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2061802)

If you're referring to the midnight group I could never find it.

ptfdmedic 02-26-2011 05:31 PM

Guys,

midNIGHT ROM v4.1 has been released. Go grab it before....well just go grab it..

Enjoy. I'm finishing up the themes today but having a rough day so hopefully tonight....

darren.wlsn1 02-26-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudstock54 (Post 2061855)
If you're referring to the midnight group I could never find it.

i am but its now gone, i asked rob on xda just now and i think he just answered me cause phone noti, lemme look.

he says its there where it was but i was on it now its gone. lol if you need group title pm me.

darren.wlsn1 02-26-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2061857)
Guys,

midNIGHT ROM v4.1 has been released. Go grab it before....well just go grab it..

Enjoy. I'm finishing up the themes today but having a rough day so hopefully tonight....

may wanna say its just a update not whole rom from what i see? so if someone new come here they may not be on 4.0 and just dl 4.1 thinking its a rom.