PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v3.2 (Build Your OWN ROM Edition) 2/4/2011

Good luck today.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

TallGuyTech is a n00b

I'm new to rooting and flashing in the Android world ... I used to flash my Touch Pro every 2 weeks or so. I ran into a problem. Here are the steps I took:

1. ODIN to DK28
2. Run Clockwork 3.x
3. Wipe data 3x, cache 3x
4. Install Midnight3.2
5. Reboot. The screen never gets past the "SAMSUNG" screen. I've had to go back to step 1 three or four times, but always with the same result.

Any ideas? Someone suggested first loading v. 2.9.3, but I didn't find it on the blog.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernekc View Post
I'm new to rooting and flashing in the Android world ... I used to flash my Touch Pro every 2 weeks or so. I ran into a problem. Here are the steps I took:

1. ODIN to DK28
2. Run Clockwork 3.x
4. Install Midnight3.2
5. Reboot. The screen never gets past the "SAMSUNG" screen. I've had to go back to step 1 three or four times, but always with the same result.

Any ideas? Someone suggested first loading v. 2.9.3, but I didn't find it on the blog.
I would download the Midnight ROM again. The steps look right to me.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernekc View Post

1. ODIN to DK28
2. Run Clockwork 3.x
4. Install Midnight3.2

Probably didn't actually install Midnight. DK28 won't run once you boot into clockwork since it uses the RFS filesystem and clockwork converts the phone to ext4 filesystem.

Do the 3 finger salute to boot into clockwork (hold volume down and camera button, press power). Go to "install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard> . Select the Midnight file, and tell it to go ahead and install. It will take about 5 minutes to install midnight. While it installs it you will be shown useful info about autism. When it's done the phone should reboot. The first startup will take a little longer than normal.

If for some reason you don't have midnight on your sd card, pull it from the phone and copy it over using a computer. Then follow the same instructions again.

Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:09 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

I hope all went well with your wife's surgery today.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Had problems trying to send MMS today. I use Handcent, originally my 'send' settings were set to send a 5MP pic (which is marked "EVO Only"), and the recipient never got it. So I reduced it down to the 1.2MP pic size, that didn't send either.

Anyone else having issues with MMS in this ROM? Is it a Handcent thing? Or a Sprint thing maybe?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
Had problems trying to send MMS today. I use Handcent, originally my 'send' settings were set to send a 5MP pic (which is marked "EVO Only"), and the recipient never got it. So I reduced it down to the 1.2MP pic size, that didn't send either.

Anyone else having issues with MMS in this ROM? Is it a Handcent thing? Or a Sprint thing maybe?
I think it's a combination. Sprint has always been wonderful at restricting MMS sizes. Handcent is just a messaging client. I would suggest just using the mms that is cooked into the rom, or the no bubble mms on the lost and tired page.

Last edited by shane6374; 02-10-2011 at 01:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I think it's a combination. Sprint has always been wonderful at restricting MMS sizes. Handcent is just a messaging client. I would suggest just using the mms that is cooked into the rom, or the no bubble mms on the lost and tired page.

Thanks I'll try that. It seems I recieve the pics fine, just sending... Does this mean I'll have to use a separate app to send? Or will the no bubble mms work it's way in to Handcent?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.6 CW3 Friendly and EXT4 Support 1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT Theme v3.3 (CW3) Dash Gauge 1% Battery Mod (AOSP LOCK)

I installed this theme, but I was expecting the AOSP lockscreen (left to right slider) Instead I have the touchwiz one. Is that right?

Should I install "
midNIGHT Theme v3.3a (CW3) Dash Gauge 1% Battery Mod (Stock LOCK)" instead?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Flash this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AOSP LockScreen.zip (290.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development