PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][BETA] Froyo DJ29 leak, deodexed, zipaligned and pre-rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballmonkey View Post
I'm currently sitting at 70% after 16 hours, without Juice Defender. Actually, just like some other people, I had Juice Defender installed but my battery life got better after removing it.

The one thing that made the biggest difference for me was blocking the DRM service from starting. After doing that, my battery life went from about 6-7 hours to about 20-30 hours. I also rooted and deleted several of the annoying stock Sprint apps, but I don't know if that really made any difference.

My phone is rooted, how do I block the DRM service?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Easiest way is grab startup auditor from the market and diasble DRM Protected Content Storage....this is what I do....

btw long time no see....dont think i have seen ya since tp1 days....
Rite-on I already had it done. Startup auditor was one of the first apps I started to use and everything that could be locked down is.

Ive been around lurking some checkin for new Roms. I moved to the west coast where it doesn't snow so Im out riding my Harley more than Im messin with my device.

As soon as I got my Epic I yelled at darren.wlsn1 and had him break down Epic noob 101 for me. Big change from all these Winmo years.

Anyone know a good app to lock the physical keys (Camera) while the phone is in sleep?

Last edited by Lsme420; 11-15-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:28 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
My phone is rooted, how do I block the DRM service?
I just posted the how to 1 page back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Rite-on I already had it done. Startup auditor was one of the first apps I started to use and everything that could be locked down is.

Ive been around lurking some checkin for new Roms. I moved to the west coast where it doesn't snow so Im out riding my Harley more than Im messin with my device.

As soon as I got my Epic I yelled at darren.wlsn1 and had him break down Epic noob 101 for me. Big change from all these Winmo years.

Anyone know a good app to lock the physical keys while the phone is in sleep?
Nice...West coast is where to be!!.......yea I am still adjusting after all the Winmo years also...I will be on the lookout for an app like that...
Old 11-15-2010, 04:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if this is posted i apologize, the rotate lag was killing me but i just did this trick and froyo is better for me now. thanx to tmsyder from xda!

Originally Posted by tmspyder View Post

I was able to recalibrate my g sensors as follows ..
This worked for me but I'll take no responsibility if it mucks something else up

1. Download a terminal app from the market
2. Enter one line at a time.
su
/system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha
3. Follow the onscreen directions, while making sure you device is flat.
pay attention to the bump at bottom on back.
I hung said bump off the edge of table
I preformed this AFTER flashing to stock and then flashing my former ROM.
So it was not done in 2.2
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
1. Download a terminal app from the market
2. Enter one line at a time.
su
/system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha
3. Follow the onscreen directions, while making sure you device is flat.
pay attention to the bump at bottom on back.
I hung said bump off the edge of table
I preformed this AFTER flashing to stock and then flashing my former ROM.
So it was not done in 2.2
Sweet! Good call man, I hated that lag and its a 100% better now. I took my back cover off when I did it and didn't get any errors also had to reboot for some reason for it to take affect.

Well worth the terminal download.

Last edited by Lsme420; 11-15-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Sweet! Good call man, I hated that lag and its a 100% better now. I took my back cover off when I did it and didn't get any errors also had to reboot for some reason. A thing well worth the terminal download.
ya i just found it while looking at new froyo rom on xda which imo is better than this rom but no offense to this cook just a few other goodies in new rom just released.

check your pm sir.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-15-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
acs tester

Quote:
ya i just found it while looking at new froyo rom on xda which imo is better than this rom but no offense to this cook just a few other goodies in new rom just released.

check your pm sir.
2.2 has a horizontal calibration tool in Settings -> display which does the same thing, i just found so either way you wanna tackle it.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM
The Pusher Man

Quote:
2.2 has a horizontal calibration tool in Settings -> display which does the same thing, i just found so either way you wanna tackle it.
(watching the little radar ball center?)
That didnt do anything for my rotate lag. It took the proses above to fix.

Quote:
I just posted the how to 1 page back.....

Nice...West coast is where to be!!.......
Yes it is... Prop 215 makes its livable.

Last edited by Lsme420; 11-16-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

big3etr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to big3etr Send a message via MSN to big3etr Send a message via Yahoo to big3etr

Has anyone who ran Quadrant noticed the CPU is only running 800MHz on this ROM and not 1GHz??? Or is this supposed to be the case. I got setcpu from the market in order to run @ 1GHz.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Easiest way is grab startup auditor from the market and diasble DRM Protected Content Storage....this is what I do....

or you can go into running processes and shut it down also....but you have to do that after every restart....settings/applications/running services/look for drm.............

also you can remove it completely.....but I do not reommend this as some media apps require it....if you want to though look over at xda there is a thread dedicated to it....
Thanks for mentioning the Startup Auditor app.
I Installed it & diabled the DRM file. I also use Autostart Killer and disable other DRM's. Not sure if that's overkill but hopefully I will get improved battery life now.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development