PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTB: Sprint SERO plan, possibly a phone too :)

Hey guys,
I am getting tired of VZW I am looking to get a Sprint SERO plan. The problem is I have never had sprint, nor do I have a sprint phone.

IF anyone has a SERO for sale, let me know what I need to do to buy it and get setup. I would even purchase a SERO and a phone from someone if need be. Not really picky on the phone right now, as I am planning on upgrading to a Hero once they become available. Plus, if I have a cheap phone for now, It will let me give their network a test in my area to see if its worth investing with them.

So ideally, I would like a SERO plan with an el-cheapo phone (heck.. used doesnt matter either). But, I would settle on just the SERO plan if someone would work with getting me setup (like telling me how to get it started).

PM me here or just email me at boodaddy@gmail.com

Thanks!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: WTB: Sprint SERO plan, possibly a phone too :)

Got your pm. Last I read the Hero would not work on a sero plan. Does that make a difference?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

HMMM... well to be honest not really. I will prolly be just as happy with a Touch Pro 2.

Right now I am wanting to dump VZW so bad, that the Hero isnt really a deciding factor. Currently my phone bill is no less than 170 a month for 2 lines (mine and my Fiance).
We have 700 minutes family share, I have unlimited data, and we both have unlimited texting, and my bill is never less than 170....regardless of me never going over on minutes or other usages.

Not to mention how they are with new phones, and jacking up the Touch Pro like they did was another reason I want to leave. I love my TP, but the same dang phone on sprint has more memory

So, I am wanting to pick up SERO plan to test drive. If their network is solid where I am at, and I end up liking them, I will dump my VZW line and eventually look for another SERO plan for my fiance. At least I would be only paying around 70-80 bucks a month for both lines then, with better plan features.

I was a sprint customer many years ago (about 8 maybe?) and i loved their customer service, but the coverage dropped about 5 miles from home hehehe. EVerywhere else was great. So, I am sure they have expanded their network in the 8+ years since then...hoping they have me covered at home now I left them on good terms, and even finished out my contract.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 PM
truth mirror

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I have a sero 500 I just started this week. I missed the phone delivery today, a Lotus. I could do the phone and plan for $125(paypal) and you could exchange it for the tp2 with the discounts. Im not going to go through the exchange process. If you have called sprint to get pre approved already that would help. Then all I would need is your number and your name.

Last edited by w7excursion; 09-29-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

Sweet! The lotus would be fine, as i can give it to my Finace when we find a SERO for her. PRice is spot on for me too.

Is it still contract for 2 years, you mentioned upgrades... is it eligible for a phone upgrade with a 2 year contract?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:08 AM
truth mirror

Its brand new as of yesterday and I used the discount for the Lotus. If you wanted to keep the upgrade for whatever reason,you would have to return the Lotus and buy a Sprint phone to put on the account. You can exchange the Lotus for something else which would include the discount.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

Thats ok. I would prolly end up keeping the lotus, cause I know when Tammy sees it she will want it

Just a few more questions... is there a contract period on this? 2 years? (not a deal breaker i dont think)

And, if I decide to keep the lotus for her, woud I be able to transfer it over to another SERO in the future for her, Cause I will more than likely pick up a TP2 on ebay or used somewhere if I like the service from sprint.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 AM
truth mirror

Yes the plan is brand new so its for a two year contract. After the first 30 days you can do what you want with the Lotus. As part of the deal(if we go through with it) I ask that you use me for the referral bonus so we both can get some money from Sprint. If we can agree to that, Im ready when you are.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:21 AM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

Awesome, and sure thing on the referral bonus. I am going to give Sprint a call tomorrow, (maybe around lunch time -noonish ET) to see if I can get pre-approved, that way were not wasting each others time.

Is there anything specific I should mention when I call them? Just that I am thinking about using a SERO plan from a "Friend" and wanted to know if I could get pre-approved?

What all should we need to do in order to get you qualified for the referral bonus?

I'll send ya a PM to let you know how it goes with Sprint on the approval.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:29 AM
truth mirror

No need to mention the sero plan. Just ask them to run a credit check so you can get pre-approved for service before you decide on a plan. The referral bonus is done by calling #733 from your new phone/line and follow the prompts and I would give you my number cause it will ask for the number of the customer that referred you.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items