PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Sprint Epic 4g Is Official!!!!! (Galaxy S Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
why would anyone want a inferior phone to the EVO? i mean it has a slide out keyboard other then that it is nothing.Smaller screen and a company that sucks with service and signal on there phones.

I mean the name samsung lone makes this phone less but hey to each his own.

for the keyboard...and you should read up on it....it is different than the Evo.....some things are much better already.....and pretty sure the same company and service you have

Last edited by flyers2114; 07-11-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
why would anyone want a inferior phone to the EVO? i mean it has a slide out keyboard other then that it is nothing.Smaller screen and a company that sucks with service and signal on there phones.

I mean the name samsung lone makes this phone less but hey to each his own.
ahm...and how is it inferior to the EVO where it matches the EVO in almost all specs and beats the EVO in all others...the only spec it looses out in is the camera, but supposedly the Samsung camera sensor is better..

And 0.3 inches more in size < Super AMOLED screen...

Now Samsung name..you'd be surprised how many components inside everything you own right now is made by samsung >.>

And lastly you are confusing some information..

Galaxy S Pro (has keyboard) = Sprint(Epic 4g) ( same network as EVO )

Galaxy S (no keyboard) = AT&T(Captivate), T-Mobile(Vibrant), Verizon(Fascinate), US Cellular(name unknown yet)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 PM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
ahm...and how is it inferior to the EVO where it matches the EVO in almost all specs and beats the EVO in all others...the only spec it looses out in is the camera, but supposedly the Samsung camera sensor is better..

And 0.3 inches more in size < Super AMOLED screen...

Now Samsung name..you'd be surprised how many components inside everything you own right now is made by samsung >.>

And lastly you are confusing some information..

Galaxy S Pro (has keyboard) = Sprint(Epic 4g) ( same network as EVO )

Galaxy S (no keyboard) = AT&T(Captivate), T-Mobile(Vibrant), Verizon(Fascinate), US Cellular(name unknown yet)

well gten you summed it up.....I just told him to read....lol
Old 07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

A World CDMA/GSM Android phone would be interesting, but having just owned the Moment, and have owning other Samsung Sprint offerings, I am very leery of this phone.

The Moment was the worst. Little to no Samsung factory support which translated into SLOW software updates, and it had this nasty little "airplane mode / Data Lockup" bug that made it a pain to use.

Like the Hero vs Moment, the Moment looked like the winner on paper, but the Hero ended up the victor in execution...... I really hope Samsung has their ducks in a row on this one, because a world Android phone would tempt me ever so badly.

I was just complaining that I gave up that feature for the Evo......
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
well gten you summed it up.....I just told him to read....lol
Yeah..kinda sad when people badmouth things without even knowing what they are :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
A World CDMA/GSM Android phone would be interesting, but having just owned the Moment, and have owning other Samsung Sprint offerings, I am very leery of this phone.

The Moment was the worst. Little to no Samsung factory support which translated into SLOW software updates, and it had this nasty little "airplane mode / Data Lockup" bug that made it a pain to use.

Like the Hero vs Moment, the Moment looked like the winner on paper, but the Hero ended up the victor in execution...... I really hope Samsung has their ducks in a row on this one, because a world Android phone would tempt me ever so badly.

I was just complaining that I gave up that feature for the Evo......

In the leak though someone claimed a sim card slot though...though we are still not 100% sure if it is a world phone or not..and even if it is whether it is enabled or disabled by firmware or not... unfortunately in the videos no one took it apart to see ..

Now as for the moment, samsung released it with the same mentality as their cheap phones (I think it was their first or one of their first android phones)...this time they specifically claimed that they want to establish themselves as a "premium brand" as well...if they do not support their "premium" phones it would kinda kill that initiative...not to mention this phone will be going out to 110 countries being the biggest release ever for samsung...

Last edited by gTen; 07-12-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Kimkoala is a n00b

I am in search of a PIN security app for my EVO as I feel the pattern security is too easy to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! Kim
Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkoala View Post
I am in search of a PIN security app for my EVO as I feel the pattern security is too easy to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! Kim
This thread is about the EPIC 4G, the new phone that is gonna come out within the next month or 2...

Android App info should go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154

OR

Evo questions should go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181
Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yeah..kinda sad when people badmouth things without even knowing what they are :/

In the leak though someone claimed a sim card slot though...though we are still not 100% sure if it is a world phone or not..and even if it is whether it is enabled or disabled by firmware or not... unfortunately in the videos no one took it apart to see ..

Now as for the moment, samsung released it with the same mentality as their cheap phones (I think it was their first or one of their first android phones)...this time they specifically claimed that they want to establish themselves as a "premium brand" as well...if they do not support their "premium" phones it would kinda kill that initiative...not to mention this phone will be going out to 110 countries being the biggest release ever for samsung...

Truth hurts? i mean really i have NEVER owned a samsung phone that was any good.

There customer service is the pits and there signal is even worse.

I understand you guys are in love and like in real life you will protect your love but all you got to do is look at the instinct and the rest of the garbage they have put out.

But again im not going to get anywhere when you are in love you are blind.

can't wait to see all the threads with problems with this phone but hey people will still defend it cause it is there love.

good luck with your paper weight
Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Truth hurts? i mean really i have NEVER owned a samsung phone that was any good.

I understand you guys are in love and like in real life you will protect your love but all you got to do is look at the instinct and the rest of the garbage they have put out.

can't wait to see all the threads with problems with this phone but hey people will still defend it cause it is there love.

I think it is the other way around and you just blindly hate Samsung....If HTC or LG released this kind of phone I would go with them...I am not being biased one way or another but rather giving it a chance...

In your original statement you claimed how it is inferior to the EVO without even looking what kind of device it is...I personally hate iphones..but I at least know and understand the device so if I had to prove my device is better for example I know what I am talking about rather then making a fool out of myself.

As for the Instinct..it was a LOW END PHONE and Sprint marketed as a high end one....It isn't even a smart phone to begin with...If I had a choice between an iPhone(which I hate very much) and an Instinct I'd take the iPhone...It would better be to compare the Instinct to say an LG Fusic or something...

The Galaxy S is what they plan to market as a Premium phone and they claimed it themselves that they want to make it such...so I think the company deserves at least a chance to prove themselves..if anything I have my 30 days and if they don't impress me I will return it..but so far while there are a few known issue(as the phone has been released overseas) all of them have been minor....and the phone seems great.

If you have something to point against this phone, do your research and give facts pertaining to it rather then random hate...and I assure you that I will repute it level headed and not blindly as you claim.

Also if you wish to repute the brand first start with the smartphones you owned by samsung, because an Instinct does not count as a smartphone...

Last edited by gTen; 07-13-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:

First off I never said I was going to grab this phone.....lmao....so no love fest...

Secondly you absolutely have backed nothing up with any facts....

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News