PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
- logout is placed way at the bottom

(probably not a bug, but rather an on placement in the skin)
Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Ha! Friendly reminder to everyone (especially fellow mods) to make sure that your PM box isn't full. phpbb didn't enforce the limits (I was regularly over 100%, but maybe that was just for mods) but with vb it's definitely being enforced. I just went in and cleaned out both my inbox and sent items. The nice thing about vb is you can save all your messages as xml (or csv or txt) if you want to.

I just tried to PM Mike and his box is full too so I know I'm not the only one affected here

Edit: I thought my avatar hadn't transferred over from phpbb, but it is there--it just doesn't display--neither on the Marvel2 nor default styles. I see Mike's is showing but that's the only one I can see.

Edit2 (and then I'm going to bed!): I no longer see a link to the chatroom on any of the skins. Not that urgent, but a lot of my posts in the forum direct the user to "click 'chat' up top" and I think many users are accustomed to it being there.

Last edited by luv2chill; 08-29-2007 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
You cant quote messages while viewing the mobil version.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
when you login on the main page it still shows your username and password in ****** so you are not sure if you are actually logged in or not

it shortens URL's WAY to much, you cant ever see the full URL it just breaks it out to ..... which is annoying

the post length is now default to 10,000 characters. my post was 87,546 characters, i had to basicly pull the whole thread in order to get it to post when i did an edit.

the page numbers underneath the thread no longer pull out to 10. it now defaults 3 pages and then "LAST PAGE" ... just another annoyance.

looks nice though
Old 08-29-2007, 07:29 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
1st....thanks for your hard work mike & anyone else involved.....

I didn't see anyone state the obvious......"FORUM NAME" & "Your Forum slogan Goes here" at the top of the pages, lol

thx again.....very nice!

**EDIT**

my bad, I see you are still working on.... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7691

Last edited by OMJ; 08-29-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

unitypunk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to unitypunk Send a message via MSN to unitypunk
another thing... signature images are gone (No [img] no html), is this on purpose???
(RIP)Xv-6700 #7
(POS)Pantech Pn-820 (dead, and proud of it. lol)
(Current)Vzw Touch Pro
http://unity.hopto.org
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
When I login through my 6800 it looks like a wap version which I like better than the desktop if the new site has one haha

But there is two logins .. one at the top and I scroll down and see another one ..

The top one gives me an error but the 2nd one logs me in ..

Not a bug but ..

When viewing the threads they are not spaced out and are one on top of each other .. and the cool thing about the other site version is that if there was a cab or zip attachment in the thread then the little paper clip was in the thread title ..

But all in all it looks fresh and loads a lot faster than the old site .

Thanks mods and admin and sorry if my issues were already noted ..

Its early in Michigan and I am fooling around at work haha

Thanks!

-Tony
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz
This is quite possible the best looking forum Ive seen lately

Nice color schemes. They compliment each other very well. Easy on the eyes. And it seems much faster.

WM6 WOOT!!!! Comming soon.

Gotta love the life of the 6700!!!! It still does so many things sooooooooooo well.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
This is sweet, nice work Mike! I havn't found any problems yet except a few that were already mention. I don't have too much time right now, need to get ready for work. I will try to browse around on my Mogul today, and really test things out tonight.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Not really a bug, but it'd be nice to have the emoticons back on the bottom of the threads next to the quick reply area.

Looks awesome thus far!

Edit: BTW, did we loose all our PPC cash with this conversion?

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements