PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint-SERO Premium

honan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I keep getting the following error when I try to login from home on my Comcast ISP.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /login.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

No problems with the computer, as I am tethered right now and typing this. Have access at work and on my Mogul, just not while connected to Comcast.

Any ideas.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
One or two of the blacklisted IP addresses (listed in Wideawake's post earlier) are for Comcast servers. Others that I remember are a Navy Dept. server, Sunflower (IPS?), Qwest, Google, and of course the Yemen one. I looked them up on who-is to see whether my IPS (Road Runner) was on the list - it wasn't. Just way too many 500 errors....
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

honan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
One or two of the blacklisted IP addresses (listed in Wideawake's post earlier) are for Comcast servers. Others that I remember are a Navy Dept. server, Sunflower (IPS?), Qwest, Google, and of course the Yemen one. I looked them up on who-is to see whether my IPS (Road Runner) was on the list - it wasn't. Just way too many 500 errors....
Just keep tethering then? I guess that beats the alternative. Just way to much good stuff going on here. Would be lost with out this bunch.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
If I remember correctly, there was also a Sprint server on the list Mike posted - maybe it's been removed, or it's not the one you're tethering through.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Im gonna go over the IPs and get the ones that I know are internet providers and get those unblocked.
~mike

Old 10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

honan is a n00b
I read somewhere, 4winmobile RSS feed I think, that Comcast, in its effort to thwart P2P, was pinging "known" sites and then dropping the connection to ruin the torrent. Maybe that is why they are showing up as an extreme user. Or you just plain have a lot of friends that are using Comcast. Either way, if you can get them off the list that is great. Internet sharing is working but not as convenient as my Comcast connection.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements