PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

JBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Skyfire Alpha test team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
I am getting tired of seeing mindfrost82s' announcements sitting up top all by its self so I am going to join him in the news line with a brief announcement about our PPCGeeks group of Skyfire Alpha testers. As some of you might know I am a member of the Skyfire Alpha test team and I am proud to announce that budney and blasphemous_prime will be joining me. Because of some carefully worded Non Disclosure Agreements that we were asked to sign we are not allowed to discuss what changes Skyfire is making so don’t ask. As alpha testers we know when these new changes are made public and we will alert everyone when new versions go public. As part of the Skyfire Alpha test team we are able to make suggestions on what the next generation of Skyfire will look like I am impressed with the changes in v0.9 as I am sure you Skyfire lovers agree. Just wait till you get your hands on v1.0 you will be impressed.
I've been part of the Skyfire Alpha process since v0.6 and I know you aren't even supposed to give out the version number of any upcoming releases, especially those in alpha. Amend your post. Disclose info carefully.

Last edited by JBundy; 05-04-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Skyfire-Great browser! IE sucks lol
Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

PacoJr67 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBundy View Post
I've been part of the Skyfire Alpha process since v0.6 and I know you aren't even supposed to give out the version number of any upcoming releases, especially those in alpha. Amend your post. Disclose info carefully.
well, what else would be the next logical step after .9?
he's not disclosing the specific build numers (or more importantly, what's in it).

Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBundy View Post
It might be an issue if I had said it first. You might want to read this:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/12...-to-be-social/
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

i beleive thats a touche good Sir. lol
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker

generally the alpha group (skyfire as a whole, not just here) are smart enough to know what they aren't allowed to talk about and also what they are. since on the skyfire forums it is easily visible who the alpha group is saying that he is a tester isn't really giving anything away. nor is the version number.

in addition, anything that garners more input (I would think) is a good thing; and will lead to a better end product. So if you have any suggestions, definitely voice them. Either here or in the skyfire forums. Gryffin, myself, and the skyfire staff do read ALL of the posts over there so it won't go unnoticed
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

JBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoJr67 View Post
well, what else would be the next logical step after .9?
he's not disclosing the specific build numbers (or more importantly, what's in it).
The disclosure of unreleased build numbers is a small issue, but not a limit to test in any event. I was reflecting on the referencing of unreleased builds (full build number or not, e.g. v1.0 as opposed to v1.0xxxxxx) not beta builds (v.9). I'm not arguing for better or worse on this issue. It's just a concern of mine pertaining to alpha group restrictions.

Logical step-wise, Skyfire has been inconsistent before in the numbering of builds in the beta. They went from .6 to .8 to .9. Logic will only exist if there is consistency. I see logic in the numbering only after 10+ beta releases, as I've seen these inconsistencies at the beginning in other alpha testing until its clear where the logic is. For alpha groups, Skyfire's is pretty young, so I don't expect to see much logic until more time passes.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1 of you alpha testers PM me with the updated info plz

ill give u a hug

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
1 of you alpha testers PM me with the updated info plz

ill give u a hug
trust me, you'll find out soon enough. The other thing is that changes that are in the alpha may not make it into the beta version at all, so making someone leak (which could get them kicked out of the alpha) doesn't really accomplish anything other than raising expectations.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Just got an invite to be a part of the Alpha testing team. Finished loading it up and am about to try it out now.

-Keir-

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements