PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: compare Omnia I to Omnia II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Hmm, if current reports are correct the OS will not be better as it will be 6.1 which is the same as the first Omnia. The job that Samsung has done to replace OS programs by their own stuff will be better though.
6.5 will do what to this set up though. i barely see windows at all. All thats missing is compasitive screen or what ever its called. Also duel touch would be nice but really i rarely see a point cause zooming in is all i see any body use. This screen will probably be good it just seems they ware out faster. But atliest if something happens to the phone Samsung or Verizon will replace it. A friend of min is making a very good business repairing i phones. Let me know if you know sombody with a broken i phone. Or i meen paper weight.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phullofphil View Post
6.5 will do what to this set up though. i barely see windows at all. All thats missing is compasitive screen or what ever its called. Also duel touch would be nice but really i rarely see a point cause zooming in is all i see any body use. This screen will probably be good it just seems they ware out faster. But atliest if something happens to the phone Samsung or Verizon will replace it. A friend of min is making a very good business repairing i phones. Let me know if you know sombody with a broken i phone. Or i meen paper weight.
If you stay with what Samsung provides? Not much I guess. If you move on to other programs then you loose the finger friendly aspects of WM6.5. Plus, Samsung did not skin everything so you will still have times that you must interact with the un-finger friendly OS.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I

inca_coder is a n00b

BW - Total newbie question. Will the 6.5 roms for Omnia I be compatible with the Omnia II. My instincts tell me no, but i wanted to asked the expert.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

I'm not BW but I can tell you for a fact that any Omnia i910 ROMs will not be compatible with any other phone. Even other CDMA i910's from Canada are not compatible with Verizon i910 ROMs (which most, if not all, of the ROMs on this forum are based on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
If you stay with what Samsung provides? Not much I guess. If you move on to other programs then you loose the finger friendly aspects of WM6.5. Plus, Samsung did not skin everything so you will still have times that you must interact with the un-finger friendly OS.
Still, Samsung did a much more thorough skinning job with the II than the original. I hope some of that stuff will get ported over so we can take advantage of it.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca_coder View Post
BW - Total newbie question. Will the 6.5 roms for Omnia I be compatible with the Omnia II. My instincts tell me no, but i wanted to asked the expert.
well it will probably be a while before u can even do a custom rom on the Omnia II, and then an official 6.5 rom is looming in the near future for the Omnia II, so basically its wait forever for the Omnia II to come out...wait some more for someone to crack a custom ROM for it, and wait a little more for the Official 6.5 ROM if u even want it...did i answer ur question??? doesn't sound like it lol
Old 10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I

inca_coder is a n00b

Ok, i see. I am testing out the 6.5 roms (currently Blazing Wolf's WM7 Blue) and I like them a lot. To me, is not worth getting the Omnia II at this time and giving up WM 6.5. I will consider it when a 6.5 rom is available. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg83 View Post
Omnia II comes out this month so you could just wait if you wanna
Do you have any evidence of the II coming out this month for sure? Just curious. Though I've seen the rumors, I've also heard rumors of it being delayed until "early 2010".
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

Screen size is way bigger on the II.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Do you have any evidence of the II coming out this month for sure? Just curious. Though I've seen the rumors, I've also heard rumors of it being delayed until "early 2010".
well with its appearance on Samsungs support site, WinMo 6.5 coming out, various dealers having received shipments of the Omnia II, it think theres a very good chance it will be out either this month or next month... but there hasn't been any "official" word yet...but I haven't seen any rumors of it being delayed...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia