PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
compare Omnia I to Omnia II?

I'm getting really tired of waiting for Omnia II (I'm on Verizon). Given that the new ROMs will take a while after it comes out, I'm wondering if I shouldn't get the OMNIA I, which is now cheap and for which I see the cooked ROMs readily available. Can someone summarize for me: what's the material difference in specs/functionality between OMNIA I with one of the good ROMs vs. OMNIA II? Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: compare Omnia I to Omnia II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I'm getting really tired of waiting for Omnia II (I'm on Verizon). Given that the new ROMs will take a while after it comes out, I'm wondering if I shouldn't get the OMNIA I, which is now cheap and for which I see the cooked ROMs readily available. Can someone summarize for me: what's the material difference in specs/functionality between OMNIA I with one of the good ROMs vs. OMNIA II? Thanks,

Mike

Omnia II comes out this month so you could just wait if you wanna
Old 10-04-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

worth the wait
just think of every option on the omnia and think that well the second one will be the same but with better everything. but it will probably cost alot. But i can say for sure wait and you wont be disapointed in the long run. better hardware than most phones out right now.

Last edited by phullofphil; 10-04-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

omnia 2 will be MUCH better when it comes to specs but as far as customization goes, might have to wait on that. worth it IMO

Old 10-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

storyworx is a n00b

I have omnia II and i like it alot. I purchased it in Singapore a few months back
Old 10-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Lurker

storyworx is a n00b

I own a quad band unlocked omnia II. I want to use it on sprint. Can anyone direct me to a place that can tell me what to do to get it to work on sprint?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Lurker

storyworx is a n00b

I think omnia II is worth the wait. It is much better than my touch pro phone
Old 10-04-2009, 05:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyworx View Post
I own a quad band unlocked omnia II. I want to use it on sprint. Can anyone direct me to a place that can tell me what to do to get it to work on sprint?
It will not work. Your version of the Omnia 2 is GSM and Sprint is a CDMA phone carrier.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

The Omnia II improves on the original in almost every way: screen type, screen resolution, camera, headphone jack, processor, and OS are all better than the Omnia. I would wait and spend the extra money, it will be worth it.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous9200 View Post
The Omnia II improves on the original in almost every way: screen type, screen resolution, camera, headphone jack, processor, and OS are all better than the Omnia. I would wait and spend the extra money, it will be worth it.
Hmm, if current reports are correct the OS will not be better as it will be 6.1 which is the same as the first Omnia. The job that Samsung has done to replace OS programs by their own stuff will be better though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia