PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need an Incoming Call Screen Locking Program

Alright kids, I know many of you out there are using screen lock programs like S2U2 and Pocketshield... But all I'm looking for is a simple program that locks the screen so that you have to slide it or something to answer an incoming call. Half the time when someone calls me I end up hitting the soft key for answer or ignore before I even get the phone out of my pocket.

The kicker is that I don't want to lock my phone for any other occasion. I know S2U2 and Pocketshield and even the standard WinMo 6.5 lock screen have this 'incoming call lock' feature, but all of those require you to lock your phone all the time - something I DON'T want to do. I prefer to just tap the power button on the top of the screen to turn it off instead of locking the darn thing.

So what do you guys suggest?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Darth Caedus is a n00b
Re: Need an Incoming Call Screen Locking Program

I bought Inesoft Phone 5 a few weeks ago and it does what your looking for, although it's not free... It also has a bunch of other things that go along with it like a dialer, contacts, ect but the ones you dont want to use can be disabled. Not really worth the $15 if all u want is the caller ID IMO though...

Website is http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=phone.html if you want to check it out and try the trial... if you do set the caller ID skin to Standard QVGA for the one with slide to answer/ignore
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Threadstarter

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Alright, thanks. I'll look into that.

And while I'm checking that one out, does anyone else have any other ideas as well?...
Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for posting this as I'm curious about it too. Does anyone know if S2U2 or Pocketshield has a way to set up slide to answer only, without having to lock the screen all the time?

Or is there another program that does this that I haven't heard about yet?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 (BW23064)
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Skyline987 is becoming a great contributor

I had the same problem with ignoring calls while taking out my phone. I downloaded SmartLock ver 1.7B and its works great. It just activates the WM6.5 lockscreen when your phone rings. It also has the option to lock it on screen dim or screen off but it can be disabled in the options. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

You can just install S2U2 and set it up not to lock. Just turn everything off. Go to phone settings and you can set up everything there that you want to, slide to answer, hard key on or off, there are tons of options

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Threadstarter

@ Skyline

Thanks. It looks good. I guess my only beef with it is that it uses a new "in call" screen, whereas I prefer the standard one better.

@greenskeeper

Same thing as above. Doesn't S2U2 also have a different "in call" screen? I'd prefer to keep the standard one I've already got if possible
Old 08-14-2009, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

The 'in call' screen is the same as the MinMo default or Sammy one (if you use it).
Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
The 'in call' screen is the same as the MinMo default or Sammy one (if you use it).
Sweet. I tried S2U2 way back in the day when it jacked up half of the Omnia's it was running on - mine included. So I wrote it off way back then and haven't played with it since. Although I suppose it's time to give S2U2 another chance to redeem itself
Old 08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

I've been using 2.04 since it came out and love it! No problems at all.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia