PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 09:15 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Do you think the Samsung Omnia 2 will be successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwangkai View Post
@breakmyfootoff, for some reason I didn't catch it when you said this

When you say developer support, I'm assuming 3rd party app developer devoted to HTC devices?
Somewhat, but most apps will work for any WM6.1/6.5 device as long as the screen resolution is the same. I was referring mostly to the great ROM chefs and Theme developers here at PPCGeeks and at XDA most of which seem to favor the HTC devices. One peek into the Omnia forum here compared to the Touch Pro or Diamond forums shows a heavy bias of support for the HTC phones. Besides themes and ROMS, more support from our local developers and hackers also means more along the lines of phone specific registry/phone tweaks. I think the real tests I'm waiting for is to try both phones in the store and see if the extra 300 or so MgHz processor in the O2 significantly improves the speed and smoothness of the UI, and to compare the quality of video playback between the two.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-14-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Do you think the Samsung Omnia 2 will be successful?

i have a feeling it should be successful...it has an amazing camera...takes better video then all HTC devices...has an amazing screen and The new UI is simple but perfect...i just wish it came to sprint so i could get rid of my TP....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Tags
omnia ii, omnia2, samsung, survey