PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia I910 Now What?

I am kind of disappointed now that the official update came out. Now what is there to do. All the cooked romes are about the same and all the forums are almost a repeat of old stuff already covered. Is ther any thing left to acomplish or is it about over. Atliest before the official rom came out (which is kind a disappointing) there was something to look forward to. Now since it came out all there is is just the cooked roms to incorperate the new cfo3. Is there a chance that maybe this rom can be built from the ground up since we now have a complete rom to go from. It would be cool to here some ideas no matter how weird or stupid anybody can come up with that can wake up this forum again. Get the thinkers thinking and do something that is not coming from xda. Do something original. Experimental, and amazing.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Omnia I910 Now What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phullofphil View Post
I am kind of disappointed now that the official update came out. Now what is there to do. All the cooked romes are about the same and all the forums are almost a repeat of old stuff already covered. Is ther any thing left to acomplish or is it about over. Atliest before the official rom came out (which is kind a disappointing) there was something to look forward to. Now since it came out all there is is just the cooked roms to incorperate the new cfo3. Is there a chance that maybe this rom can be built from the ground up since we now have a complete rom to go from. It would be cool to here some ideas no matter how weird or stupid anybody can come up with that can wake up this forum again. Get the thinkers thinking and do something that is not coming from xda. Do something original. Experimental, and amazing.

So what are your ideas?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus

hood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to hood662

i want a telus update so i can remove the bloatware
Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'd say wait for the final wm 6.5 to be released. other then that i dont know
Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910

jazaddict is just getting started

Quote:
All the cooked romes are about the same
I've tried 3. BW's is the best for my needs. They are certainly not all about the same.

Besides that, what is it you want ur phone to do that the omnia doesn't do?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

bedojo is a n00b

i say get any of the 6.5 roms, install your favorite apps, and keep it up to date, also delete your txts regularly to reduce freeeez ups,
and wait till the next phone comes out, next omnia XD and get that and play with it till your bored. lol
im most likly going get the next omnia, unless verizon gets a captive touch phone lol or there one that just rapes it
Old 08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

The cooked ROMs are not "all about the same" IMO. If you are that bored and are apparently disliking the current selections of ROMs, why dont' you start cooking yourself? Try to stay on the "bleeding edge", that should be a never ending endevor.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

tmellen is just getting started

You know, I was just thinking the same thing the other day... It's not that there's anything that really needs to be done on the phone now... quite the opposite, actually. My Omnia now does pretty much everything I can ask of it, leaving a "now what can I so with it?" feeling... like come on, I have to add more... but there's nothing left! heh... it's a good thing, mind you, but a disquieting feeling.

In a standard day (yesterday even), I've use my phone to:

scan in a business card and add it to my contact list
listened to streaming audio on Pandora
watched a storm roll in on radarlove
goofed around with pointui
created yet another WAD2 theme
read a contract sent in mail via PDF
took a picture of a problem device and sent it to client via mail
used Google maps to navigate in strange areas of town
updated facebook
used google translator to attempt to impress one of the office girls with my faux bi-lingual-ness.
surfed countless websites
took a few dozen more pictures
and most importantly... use ICS to get my laptop online outside of the office, all throughout the day...

It's a wonderful device, and I only use about half of it's features. I've messed around with barcode scanning, skype, videos, and editing video on the phone (not bad for a phone based editor), but don't use them daily. I don't play games on it, or use it as an mp3 player... but it's everything I need in the palm of my hand.

latest WAD2 theme. It's simple & sharp and all on one screen. I like it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (14.1 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

I know I'm beating a dead horse here.... but how about trying to skin wmp skins are rare and not much more finger friendly then the original. And the Omnias wqvga screen means there are even less skins that work....are you feeling ambitious?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dhbikoff is a n00b

Also...new builds of 6.5 are coming fast these days. The new batch of 23xxx builds are bit different than what we've seen. Some of the new features may make it into more stable ROMs released by the custom chefs. For me, I just need enough stuff on the horizon to get me to my next upgrade, which will hopefully be the Omnia II.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia