PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: O2

gambit1982 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia frozen please help please

Hi
Have got a serious problem. In a nutshell I decided to upgrade my ROM using the Samsung website. Ran the updater - after getting to the stage ‘downloading file 2’ it asked me to manually soft reset the phone. So I did and nothing. By now it had reached the ‘downloading file 3’ stage however the updater then froze too. I looked at my phone and all that appeared is a black screen with picture of white phone in the middle and an overlapping solid yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.
The phone now does not shut off/soft rest or anything. I even took battery out for five minutes but still same screen. The next problem is that I tried to run the updater again however it requires active sync and as the phone does not turn on it will not sync up.
Please can someone help with this? I am noob so please don’t suggest any soldering or hacking type methods but I can work my way round a set of clear instructions using basic software. I have spoke to Samsung who have suggested sending it to their engineer but will take two weeks just to give me a reply as to what’s wrong with it! Further if not covered I am screwed for repair costs and if covered it’s going to take ages and I need my phone back asap. As I used the Samsung website software there must be a way to solve this.
Please can all knowledgeable forum users reply as I have previously relied upon and used advice from this forum with much success. I would really appreciate it. Thanks to all in advance.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Omnia frozen please help please

You will need to send it in or get another one. There is no easy recovery from this problem.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

What version of windows did you use to do the update? XP, Vista, or Win7 and is it a 32bit or 64bit system?

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: O2
Threadstarter

gambit1982 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
What version of windows did you use to do the update? XP, Vista, or Win7 and is it a 32bit or 64bit system?
Windows XP 32

Please help and thanks for replying
Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

jazaddict is just getting started

bumma
Old 08-12-2009, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Sorry to say it but with XP x32, there shouldn't have been any issues. If you have ever flashed before, you can flash to CF03 via the samsung UMDL, it may be your only hope other than getting a new one. Lemme know if you'd like help flashing via the UMDL.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia