Old 08-10-2009, 02:56 PM
gambit1982
Lurker

gambit1982 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia frozen please help please

Hi
Have got a serious problem. In a nutshell I decided to upgrade my ROM using the Samsung website. Ran the updater - after getting to the stage ‘downloading file 2’ it asked me to manually soft reset the phone. So I did and nothing. By now it had reached the ‘downloading file 3’ stage however the updater then froze too. I looked at my phone and all that appeared is a black screen with picture of white phone in the middle and an overlapping solid yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.
The phone now does not shut off/soft rest or anything. I even took battery out for five minutes but still same screen. The next problem is that I tried to run the updater again however it requires active sync and as the phone does not turn on it will not sync up.
Please can someone help with this? I am noob so please don’t suggest any soldering or hacking type methods but I can work my way round a set of clear instructions using basic software. I have spoke to Samsung who have suggested sending it to their engineer but will take two weeks just to give me a reply as to what’s wrong with it! Further if not covered I am screwed for repair costs and if covered it’s going to take ages and I need my phone back asap. As I used the Samsung website software there must be a way to solve this.
Please can all knowledgeable forum users reply as I have previously relied upon and used advice from this forum with much success. I would really appreciate it. Thanks to all in advance.