PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

mcmilliron is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions about WM 6.5

Hey guys,

So I've been told by people on this board that there will be no official 6.5 Rom upgrade for my i910 so I have decided I am just going to have to bite the bullet and flash to an unofficial 6.5 ROM. So here are my questions

1. Has the final version of 6.5 been leaked yet or is it yet to come? If it hasn't been leaked, will the final version likely run smoother than the latest build available?

2. I am not intersted in M2d or Mobile Shell (I already have MS3 and I hate the way it looks, plus, there is no "tasks" plugin for the today screen). I just want a standard version of 6.5. Is a standard version available or have they all been tweaked?

3. Who makes the most stable 6.5 build available? How stable is it really? With the native 6.1 OS I rarely have to soft reset my phone. Is the same true for cooked 6.5 Roms? I've read that some people are experiencing lots of hanging and freezing.

4. Is Battery life better or worse?

5. How smooth is the finger scrolling compaired to MS3? I think Mobile Shell 3 runs like a dream and I hope 6.5 will be just as smooth, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

6. If I brick my phone flashing to an unofficial ROM would Verizon be able to tell that I was flashing to a cooked ROM instead of their official ROM update?

7. Are all of the cooked 6.5 Roms working ok with MS Exchange?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by mcmilliron; 08-05-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I910
Carrier: Big Red V

GriffinSOAR is just getting started
Re: Questions about WM 6.5

Hope this helps you out this is what I use and it works perfect for me.
The official update from Verizon for the I910:
http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...0&AT_ID=157996

Then after that you would go to:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75064
I use the 6.5 vanilla and it's great.

All of the info you need is there as well to install.

Finger friendly
Includes Opera

All info in the page on what is removed and added...good luck

Griffin
Old 08-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Questions about WM 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmilliron View Post
Hey guys,

So I've been told by people on this board that there will be no official 6.5 Rom upgrade for my i910 so I have decided I am just going to have to bite the bullet and flash to an unofficial 6.5 ROM. So here are my questions

1. Has the final version of 6.5 been leaked yet or is it yet to come? If it hasn't been leaked, will the final version likely run smoother than the latest build available?

2. I am not intersted in M2d or Mobile Shell (I already have MS3 and I hate the way it looks, plus, there is no "tasks" plugin for the today screen). I just want a standard version of 6.5. Is a standard version available or have they all been tweaked?

3. Who makes the most stable 6.5 build available? How stable is it really? With the native 6.1 OS I rarely have to soft reset my phone. Is the same true for cooked 6.5 Roms? I've read that some people are experiencing lots of hanging and freezing.

4. Do any of the cooked 6.5 ROMs include Opera? I hate all other browsers.

5. Is Battery life better or worse?

6. How smooth is the finger scrolling compaired to MS3? I think Mobile Shell 3 runs like a dream and I hope 6.5 will be just as smooth, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Thanks for your help
1) WM 6.5 is very stable and will be standard on some phones in just a few months. However, they are still creating new builds to fix minor bugs (99.9% of which wold be unnoticeable to the average user)

2) All versions of 6.5 on this forum and Modaco are "standard". They all come with the Windows Mobile "Titanium" interface

3) All chefs here use to most recent builds. All are stable. I rarely need to soft reset my 6.5 phone

4) Opera is included in most chefs' ROMs, but check their respective threads to be sure. If, by chance, they don't have it built in, you can install it manually with no issues

5) Battery life is supposedly better with it being a more recent operating system. You won't be seeing any battery life detriments

6) Finger scolling is nice and smooth on 6.5
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia