PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

txter is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problem with bing in 6.5 rom 4.2

so in the programs there is an app for Bing. everytime i try it, it tells me that it needs .net 2.0
it tells me to select yes to update or what ever but their is no option for that. the text runs of the screen and the phone is froze. i need to soft reset to get this to go away. i do have .net 3.5 installed. im tryin to delete that and see if i can use Bing then.

anyone else have this problem? is their a fix? sorry, when i searched it pointed me to the 6.5 rom thread but i dont have a year to read all the posts.

(wish the search option could take you to the page in a thread instead of just telling you the thread that the answer may be in, no what i mean)
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: problem with bing in 6.5 rom 4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txter View Post
so in the programs there is an app for Bing. everytime i try it, it tells me that it needs .net 2.0
it tells me to select yes to update or what ever but their is no option for that. the text runs of the screen and the phone is froze. i need to soft reset to get this to go away. i do have .net 3.5 installed. im tryin to delete that and see if i can use Bing then.

anyone else have this problem? is their a fix? sorry, when i searched it pointed me to the 6.5 rom thread but i dont have a year to read all the posts.

(wish the search option could take you to the page in a thread instead of just telling you the thread that the answer may be in, no what i mean)
Bing works just fine for me on Vanilla 4.2. Which version of 4.2 are you running? Vanilla, Base, or M2D?

Also, as a side note, there is a function on the search page that allows you to search by post instead of by thread. Just look for the 'Post' button in advanced search. Doing that will pull each post that your keyword is mentioned in, instead of every thread
Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

I ran across the same. I had to remove 3.5 in the Settings/Remove Programs and then reinstalled 2.0, all good from there.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ya, i couldnt find it in my remove programs. i had to go into file explorer and delete it from the root. im still getting that problem.
im running the vanilla rom. and my advanced search never works. no matter how many words i put in the search field, it says i need to put in more 2 search terms.

Last edited by txter; 07-23-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
ya, i couldnt find it in my remove programs. i had to go into file explorer and delete it from the root. im still getting that problem.
im running the vanilla rom. and my advanced search never works. no matter how many words i put in the search field, it says i need to put in more 2 search terms.
Yea, the search engine can be a little testy from time to time.

At this point I would recommend upgrading to the official CF03 ROM from Verizon, and then flashing to Adryn's Vanilla 2.0
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

What are you doing installing Bing into vanilla anyway?

Its already there. Thats why you are having issues installing it.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

im not installing it. i am talking about the one that is built into the rom. thats why im not understanding why its not working.

im going to check out the new cfo3.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
im not installing it. i am talking about the one that is built into the rom. thats why im not understanding why its not working.

im going to check out the new cfo3.
Do that. It's a better ROM, Verizon and Samsung officially endorse it (thereby reinstating your warranty), and the chefs here will now only be building custom ROMs off of CF03 from here on out
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

is the cf03 rom going back to stock rom 6.1 or is the one on here a costom build 6.5 based on the new update?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
is the cf03 rom going back to stock rom 6.1 or is the one on here a costom build 6.5 based on the new update?
CF03 is still WM 6.1 and functions almost exactly the same as CC20 (with just a few slight changes).

Then, once you have flashed to CF03, you can then flash again to a custom WM 6.5 ROM built by one of the chefs here (Adrynalyne, bgill, BlazingWolf, etc..). The difference is that CF03 is a base ROM and updates the phone's csc, eboot, and pda sectors, while a custom 6.5 ROM from one of the chefs only overwrites the pda part (it doesn't touch the csc or eboot). So, in a sense, a custom 6.5 ROM is still running on top of the CF03 platform which is why you need to flash to it first before updating to 6.5
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia