PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: need help updating to the offical rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by false_apology View Post
Actually I think he was referring to the version of UMDL, not WMDC.

I used the WMDC from the disc shipped with the phone, used the UMDL from Modaco, and used the .img file from here, on Vista 64 and it worked without a hitch.

I'm talking about the wmdc. I downloaded the rom from sangung website, but when i try to run it. it says that wmdc is not installed. I dont know whats going on..
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrzsuxppcrocks View Post
I'm talking about the wmdc. I downloaded the rom from sangung website, but when i try to run it. it says that wmdc is not installed. I dont know whats going on..
Alright, all you need to do is download a program called Windows Mobile Device Center. It's from Microsoft, but doesn't come pre-installed with Vista - you have to go get it manually

Here's the link for it:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx

Once that's installed, follow the instructions that the Samsung utility gives you
Old 07-21-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Alright, all you need to do is download a program called Windows Mobile Device Center. It's from Microsoft, but doesn't come pre-installed with Vista - you have to go get it manually

Here's the link for it:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx

Once that's installed, follow the instructions that the Samsung utility gives you

I already have installed and uninstalled wmdc so many times and i stll get the same problem
Old 07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I already have installed and uninstalled wmdc so many times and i stll get the same problem
Ok, we're getting there...

Do you have 64-bit Vista? If so, then we've found your problem
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok, we're getting there...

Do you have 64-bit Vista? If so, then we've found your problem
yes, I do, thats the problem?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
yes, I do, thats the problem?
Bingo.

You have 2 options:

1) Set Vista 64-bit to compatibility mode. Do this by right-clicking on the Samsung utility .exe and then properties and setting it to Vista SP2

2) The failsafe option, flash to CF03 using UDML. See this post for instructions on how to do it with UDML:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5124

...and if you don't even have UDML yet, go to this post first and download the UDML 2.3 utility:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...53&postcount=1
Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Bingo.

You have 2 options:

1) Set Vista 64-bit to compatibility mode. Do this by right-clicking on the Samsung utility .exe and then properties and setting it to Vista SP2

2) The failsafe option, flash to CF03 using UDML. See this post for instructions on how to do it with UDML:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5124

...and if you don't even have UDML yet, go to this post first and download the UDML 2.3 utility:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...53&postcount=1

Well thats a bumber, I dont have vista sp2, only lower ones like xp sp2 and others..now what do I do?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Well thats a bumber, I dont have vista sp2, only lower ones like xp sp2 and others..now what do I do?
Try option 2 then. It works, and you'll be using UDML from here on out if you wish to flash to custom ROMs like the ones Adrynlayne, bgill, BlazingWolf, etc.. make
Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Try option 2 then. It works, and you'll be using UDML from here on out if you wish to flash to custom ROMs like the ones Adrynlayne, bgill, BlazingWolf, etc.. make
Maybe I'll stick with 0ption 1, since I'm downloading Vista Sp2, hope this works if not then I'll go with option 2. But Know I have to go to work ..
Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

I have Vista x64 with SP2 installed and I had to flash via the UMDL. I actually was happier doing it with the UMDL due to the fact that I've used it so many times before flashing ROMs. Don't worry, the .img file out there is good and works.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia