PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i flash telus omnia?

I've looked around but can't seem to find much. How do i flash my omnia to the custom roms here? i just picked up the phone from telus. if i need to unlock it before flashing it with a custom rom how do i do this? any useful links would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia2!
Carrier: verizon

godwhacker is keeping up the good workgodwhacker is keeping up the good work
Re: how do i flash telus omnia?

i don't think you get to flash any of the verizon stuff. verizon phones are cdma, and i don't believe telus operates that way. maybe check into the i900 stuff here. the best thing to do is to find an interface to make it work better than stock. m2d and spb mobile shell 3 are popular around these parts.

Last edited by godwhacker; 07-18-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia

Truetek is a n00b

Telus operates with CDMA EVDO network... Actually, Telus client's roam on Verizon and vice versa.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

The Telus Omnia is an i910 but the ROMs on here are designed specifically for Verizon models and they are not interchangeable. One of the cooks/chefs/whatever they're called could step in here and tell you why (I think it's due to drivers that are incompatible between models - also I don't think there's been an update released for the telus version)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro 2

remsad is a n00b

Some ppl tried but they have a problem with battery (I think you can get it fixed) but still unable to connect to Telus Network.

Telus need to release an official update before someone can do anything.

I have an original Telus Rom (CD1 but from this now, no one can't extract nothing from that. I'm looking for help
Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: null
Carrier: null

wildrage is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to wildrage Send a message via AIM to wildrage

I think the major issue is the way that Telus updates their PRL...I don't believe they do it OTA (from the random stuff that I've seen online). The hardware is identicle, so drivers aren't the issue. My guess is that the battery gets drained ridiculously quickly because the phones are either constantly roaming, or constantly don't have signal. The PRL in the phone is programmed to look for Verizon towers, while the Network wants Telus towers...can't be a good thing.

I know for a fact that there are some Touch Diamonds and Pro's that were originally Verizon and flashed over to Telus.

Call Telus and ask them how to get a PRL update. My bet would be that if you could update the PRL, everything else should fall into place...but then again, don't take my word on it .
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Lurker

Truetek is a n00b

The way Telus updates their PRLs is OTA. Dial *22803, press 1 for english, then 2 to update the PRL.

Both verizon and telus models are identical, they are both i910. The Battery drivers did prove to be an obstacle, but with the corrected drivers, work fine. There is another reason why the Telus version is incompatible with the verizon ROM...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910 omnia

supa666 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truetek View Post
The way Telus updates their PRLs is OTA. Dial *22803, press 1 for english, then 2 to update the PRL.

Both verizon and telus models are identical, they are both i910. The Battery drivers did prove to be an obstacle, but with the corrected drivers, work fine. There is another reason why the Telus version is incompatible with the verizon ROM...
so whats the other reason? I have the i910 and would love to upgrade to 6.5 somehow as the telus version has alot of locked up apps....gps being one of them. New to the site and would like to say u guyz have alot of wicked info here!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

First thing to note is the gps on the omnia pretty much sucks.
I'm also on Telus and this is what I must do to get the gps working everytime.
(first install google maps)
Launch google maps wait for a lock will take a few minutes the first time (or possibly subsequent times if it hasn't been used for a while)
Once you have your position ( it will say how many sats in the top right corner) then launch your favorite gps software and boom they get a lock immediately.
I use Bing (formerly Live) and Garmin... eventualy my map stops updating with Garmin on the omnia and I must exit the map view then go back in to have it start updating again.

My advice on gps and omnia... buy a stand alone.

*edit* also I don't think my omnia has ever locked on more then 5 sats, quite sad... my diamond can lock on 12 with any software.

Last edited by citats; 07-28-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Lurker

Truetek is a n00b

I was actually just speculating, not hinting that there is another reason that I know and am not willing to share lol

But as far as the GPS lock, Telus did not restrict it like verizon did, but I haven't been able to use it... and the quality should be improved with the ROM update... one day...

I heard somewhere to set GPS settings to use COM8 in Google Maps... I tried it, but no luck .

How did you get your GPS working at all? I wish I had crappy GPS compared to no GPS lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia