PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Lurker

guilt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia 910 for Verizon ... Radio Rom?

Can anyone provide me a link to a radio rom for the 910 on verizon? I would happily donate if one doesn't exist and someone wants to create us all one
Old 05-31-2009, 01:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Omnia 910 for Verizon ... Radio Rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilt View Post
Can anyone provide me a link to a radio rom for the 910 on verizon? I would happily donate if one doesn't exist and someone wants to create us all one
Radio ROM? Little more explanation please.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 05-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

guilt is a n00b

Well when I dial *611 it always connects me to Cricket. I want to get the phone reprogrammed to be on Verizon. I was told by a friend that I will need a different ROM besides just the OS rom. I have already downloaded and flashed my phone with the image: i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img using UMDL_OMNIA. The phone successfully updated the image to the phone, restarted and took me through the screen setup. When I try to dial *611, I am still presented with Crickets prompts. The weird thing is, if I dial *228, I will be presented with Crickets disconnected/suspended prompt, but if I dial *22800 I will be connected to Altels activation prompt. How come I can get to cricket and altels prompts but not verizons? Is the phone constantly picking up service from all services on the frequency like a WIFI card would on a computer? (each carrier having its own channel which can be identified by the carrier code?) or will I simply need to activate the phone through VZW customer support? I don't think that's how it works, but this is a different phone, and I've never experienced what I am experienced on any previous phones. I will still not be able to connect to their activation even after communicating with customer support...

Sorry if this is a bit confusing, I am a bit confused, and just want to get the phone working for Verizon not Cricket... it is a Verizon phone, I used the verizon firmware, and the phone and all images in the OS say Verizon, not cricket, but I cannot shake the damn cricket service!

thank you
Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

CC20 was a radio update.

Sounds like you need a new PRL loaded on the phone, and then reprogram it. I've never done it, but thats how I understand its done.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

guilt is a n00b

Yeah, it sounds like you're more on the right track. I guess I will have to be very patient until I find a solution. If it was put there once, it can be put there again.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

guilt is a n00b

maybe not...

i have checked into PRL, and this is what i found:
Updating Preferred Roaming List(PRL)

Verizon Wireless is constantly advancing its roaming technology to provide you with superior roaming capabilities. By updating your PRL every few weeks, you can be sure you have access to our enhancements. As a result you may experience:
  • Longer battery life
  • Fewer dropped or blocked calls
  • Clear, crisp connections in more areas across the United States
  • Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country
Instructions for updating your PRL:

• Power on your phone within any Verizon Wireless digital service area.
  • Dial *228 and then press SEND (this call is airtime free).
  • When prompted, press option 2 to update your phone's roaming capabilities
    (the update may take up to 2 minutes).
  • Once completed, a confirmation message will appear to inform you that your phone has been re-programmed with the new PRL.

as i stated before, when i type *228 it takes me to crickets suspended service message after about 8 rings, but doing *22800 will immediately bring me to altels message
Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: null
Carrier: null

wildrage is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to wildrage Send a message via AIM to wildrage

There is a way to manually download the PRL and install it to your phone. I must have come across it 2 or 3 times in this forum, and several people have posted the actual PRL files. Do a search.

**EDIT**

Here it is:

Go to Corolada PRL and download it. Put it in the MY DOCUMENTS folder on your Omnia and dial #775 or ##755, (can't remember what it is), upload and you'll be ready to go. Enjoy

Last edited by wildrage; 05-31-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

guilt is a n00b

Ok, I downloaded 51143.prl from my the website for Verizon. I put the file in My documents as well as the root folder, I tried to dial ##PRL#, ##RPL, #RPL and none worked, all dial out to a number and says we're sorry your call could not be completed. I tried restarting the phone after files were dropped on... no luck either.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:31 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I think you need to upload it with QPST.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

guilt is a n00b

Well, I downloaded QPST as well, but I cannot get my phone to appear in the list. I've tried disabling activesync, changing phone to usb to mass storage, restarting, adding manual ports (which says all ports are not available or in use).

I guess my best option at this point is to get cricket?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia