PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia

Qwest300 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Omnia i910 wireless manager

This issue occured twice already. The "power off" sound plays even though I have the lock set on my phone. This happened even though the phone was untouched. When I press unlock, i'm taken to the wireless manager menu and the options are wifi: off, bluetooth: off, phone: on -broadband access. I don't know why this occurs even though I locked the phone while I was on the today screen. I can't find anything online about this issue. I haven't installed any 3rd party software and my today screen is the windows mobile today screen.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
Re: Samsung Omnia i910 wireless manager

It seems almost as if the sound you are hearing is occuring not just a power off but with another event. To determine this you may want to check Start/Settings, click Sound & Notifications icon the select Notifications tab and check the sound associated with each event in the drop-down menu. You may find you need to change or even silence some type of event. Question: are you plugging into a charger when you hear this sound?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Qwest300 is a n00b

Hoss

Thanks for you input. I tried the steps you listed but there weren't any tones or events that matched the problem. When the problem occurred, the phone was in my holster. Before I placed the phone in my holster I had locked it on the today screen so nothing gets accidentally pressed. Later on in the day I hear the "phone off" tone thinking the phone turned off via wireless manager. I unlock the phone and instead of taking me to the today screen where I locked it, the phone takes me to the wireless manager screen. The phone is still on with an indication below reading out broadband access in the "phone" option. I wanted to troubleshoot the issue myself so I manually turned off the phone via wireless manager and the same "phone off" tone goes off and the phone turns off. But I can't reproduce the issue. I wanted to re-word the problem to be more specific.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

I have PhoneWeaver as a profile manager, and it turns my phone on and off at programmed times. I hear the annoying PhoneON sound and can't seem to turn it off. On Apache, this could be done from within the phone program, but none of these phones seem to have it as a notification option. I will probably replace the PhoneON.wav found in Windows with something less annoying but renamed.

Are you using any type of profile or timer options? I don't really remember all of the apps that come with the phone.

If you have not added or configured too much, try a hard reset. That might fix it.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

Hmmm, good info and on to next idea. I am curious what setting you have in the Buttons section. To get there, go to Start/Settings and select the Buttons icon. In here you can assign buttons to different program functions or in other words, you can launch different functions of the phone using buttons. While the lock mode should disable buttons from working when the phone is locked, I am wondering if specific button assignments you are currently set to leave the condition you are experiencing...activating Wireless Manager. Rather than roll through all the options, can you let me know what each of your buttons are assigned for and I will set mine up that way to see if it repeats what you are seeing...better to isolate it if it is the same or if we have a hardware issue.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm gonna guess he has it set that any button will wake it up, rather than just the power button. Also that the phone will be locked when it wakes up.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

arizonaomnia is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to arizonaomnia

I have a related issue - in fact, perhaps this thread should be renamed "Sounds We Can't Turn Off." I can't seem to find an option to leave my sound profile generally untouched while muting the darn "Device Fully Charged" notification sound. Does anyone know how to turn off this sound? Makes it difficult on those nights when I need to use the Omnia as an alarm clock.....
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaomnia View Post
I have a related issue - in fact, perhaps this thread should be renamed "Sounds We Can't Turn Off." I can't seem to find an option to leave my sound profile generally untouched while muting the darn "Device Fully Charged" notification sound. Does anyone know how to turn off this sound? Makes it difficult on those nights when I need to use the Omnia as an alarm clock.....
Rather than hijacking Qwest300's thread about going immediately to the wireless manager when he unlocks his phone, start your own thread.

You can call it "Sounds We Can't Turn Off."

Ted
Old 05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Qwest300 is a n00b

The real problem is my phone basically turns on and off by itself via wireless manager. The only setting I adjusted was that I set my today screen as the windows mobile 6.1 today screen with the default items. Everything else are default settings.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia