PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:58 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My First Cooked Rom

Thanks to Wozzer, I have my first cooked rom. Its not ready for release, and some of you may not like it.

It is a very lightweight, FAST rom. It is pretweaked.

122mb free so far after flash. 66mb memory free.

I will update you with a link when i am ready to release it.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-18-2009 at 08:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My First Cooked Rom

Congratulations!

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

WOW! Your not kidding when you say lite. Congrats on finally getting it to boot as well and can't wait to get your release.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia

36chambers is a n00b

Whats all in your release... I really look forward to getting a chance to play with this rom.

Brutal Beats 2009
"Double B where U at?, Im From D-Town MI the ony Mitten on the map!"
Old 04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Mostly tweaks. Its pretty clean otherwise. I am going to put some stuff back in though. So that final amount will probably be around 100mb free.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia

36chambers is a n00b

Sounds good to me. Plenty of space for some good programs to add (google maps, youtube app, MS live search ect.)
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne's beta rom, based upon Wozzer's v5 kitchen. This is my first official build, don't expect miracles.

Removed: Almost everything.
Kept: Samsung dialer, volume control, photslides, media album, easy settings.

Added .net 3.5.

Added: Performance enhancing reghacks, bluetooth fix (there is an icon in the taskbar for BT now), escalating ringtone fix, sdk certs built in, calibration settings, advanced config 3.3.

This is a mostly clean rom. It is not meant for someone who wants the kitchen sink, or someone who wants eye candy. It is built for free space, and performance.

Known issues: Wifi disappears from the comm manager. It has to do with the faster load time of the rom--adding today plugins that slow down boot ironically enough will help. I am still working with Wozzer on a more solid fix.

Thanks: For any and all fool,erm, brave beta testers, and Wozzer, who made this possible for me to do.

Requests and comments are welcome! I many entertain them, may not. Don't take it personally. This is my personal project, I am sharing for others. I will maintain it mostly to enhance performance, and bug fixes. This is a DIY ROM, you install what you want, not what Samsung wants.

To do: Work on wifi, increase space savings. Wozzer's instructions say it best:

How to flash:

Run UDML_Omnia
Click PDA
Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded
Hit Detect
Restart Phone
Once the phone has completly booted, wait a minute and give it another soft-reset

***I will not be held responsible for any phones asassinated by flashing!***

On a flash, you should see 122mb free and around 66mb ram available.

Enjoy!

http://www.4shared.com/file/10016944...n_Beta_01.html

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-18-2009 at 11:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:45 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

If you have missing wifi issues:

Temporary bandaid: Launch \Windows\wlanloader.exe.

Unload driver, then load it.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Proposed wifi fix.

First, delete HKLM/init/Launch75.

Then install this cab, wait 20 seconds and soft reset.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Wifi Delay Fix.cab (986 Bytes, 33 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

enragedpaza is just getting started

congrats man i put my cooking to the side to make a couple keyboards i got easy settings reskinned for my rom and my own backgrounds (only 4) and a couple ringtones, all ready for it when i start to cook again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia