PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omina I910
Carrier: Verison

Anthrax79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry On Screen Notification Bubbles

Is there anyway to totally disable the on screen notification bubble for ALL EVENTS? I have unchecked "Display message on screen" in Sounds & Notifications for ever option that is there. However I am still getting missed call and voicemail bubbles!! My today screen tells me about missed calls and vm, so I do not need the bubble.

Someone must have a fix for this, I am sure I am not the only one that hates this "feature".
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor
Re: On Screen Notification Bubbles

I'm with you Anthrax. Specifically the email one bothers me since I already get notified via Touchflo. I wish it didn't also queue up the icon at the top of my screen and the notification for it. Unchecking it in 'Sounds and Notifications' doesn't help. I wonder if touchflo needs it in order to function properly and show you the missed events (i.e. missed calls, emails, txts). If anyone knows how to 'really' disable these notifications let us know
Old 04-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

SideWynder is a n00b

I am in 100% agreement; this is a Very Aggravating "feature".

For myself, I don't appreciate the audible or vibrating "alert" when an e-mail arrives from some random mailing list (or spammer) when I'm trying to sleep.

If anyone figures this out, we'll all be grateful.

SW
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

SW, I have three accounts on my Omnia and none give me alerts when I get new mail, one via wireless sync (my work email) and the other two as standard mail accounts. I was originally receiving the bubble when new mail came in but then changed the setting in wireless sync by de-selecting the notification box in the wireless sync setup menu. There are likely some differences in the way I set up my mail accounts from yours but for comparison I have push enabled for wireless sync and I manually get email in the other two accounts. I believe the manual email retrieve is our biggest difference though.

I just performed a test by changing one of my "manual" accounts to auto-5 minutes and went to Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications/Messaging New email message and deselected all. I received two email messages at the five minute intervals and no audible alert or vibrate occurred although the lower left menu on the screen changed to "Notification" from "Phone".

I do get notification bubbles on SMS and MMS messages though these don't usually bother me in the middle of the night unless my brother-in-law sends me an SMS message from China where he lives.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

SideWynder is a n00b
Cool Re: On Screen Notification Bubbles

This may not be the optimal solution, but I went into the Today screen settings, un-checked the "Samsung Widget" item and enabled the "Samsung Today".

This got rid of the widget-generated notifications, which were the ones causing the aggravation. The normal Win-Mobile notifications still work and are the ones I prefer anyway.

SW
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia