View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Hoss
PPCGeeks Regular

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: On Screen Notification Bubbles

SW, I have three accounts on my Omnia and none give me alerts when I get new mail, one via wireless sync (my work email) and the other two as standard mail accounts. I was originally receiving the bubble when new mail came in but then changed the setting in wireless sync by de-selecting the notification box in the wireless sync setup menu. There are likely some differences in the way I set up my mail accounts from yours but for comparison I have push enabled for wireless sync and I manually get email in the other two accounts. I believe the manual email retrieve is our biggest difference though.

I just performed a test by changing one of my "manual" accounts to auto-5 minutes and went to Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications/Messaging New email message and deselected all. I received two email messages at the five minute intervals and no audible alert or vibrate occurred although the lower left menu on the screen changed to "Notification" from "Phone".

I do get notification bubbles on SMS and MMS messages though these don't usually bother me in the middle of the night unless my brother-in-law sends me an SMS message from China where he lives.